Keglin

Hi everyone,

Not long now till we leave...... packers will be here on the 23rd August and we are slowly getting organised. There is a lot to do, but many things can only be done in the week before. e.g. I organised all the kids toys a few weeks ago but now they are all spread out again between the 2 kids rooms and the playroom so I will leave that for now. I would love to pack the things that we will be taking in our suitcases but then we would have nothing to wear! House is on the market as of yesterday! Late I know but if it does not sell in a couple of weeks then we will rent. Houses tend to move more quickly in the UK.

Anyways I want to get all our paperwork organised and I can't find past threads about exactly what you need to have (documents) in order to rent.

I remember reading posts where people said to be prepared and have a rental file with everything so you can move quickly once you find a property.

Any advice???

Thank you

Keglin

Hi Keglin,

So good to see that at last you are on your way here.

So a rental pack.

• Copy of visa and passports of you and hubby
  • copy of bank account statement in Oz to prove you have funds to support your self
  • letter of reference from Agent selling your house or from someone stating that you looked after your property etc
  • your letter of state sponsorship and your contact person
  • also even though agents cannot ask for it, offer to pay 3 months in advance plus your bond (deposit) it seems to make them feel more secure.
  • medicare card or at least your medicare number as part of 100 points of ID
  • if you have ATM cards in Oz with your name on as 100 points of ID
  • your Oz drivers licence, which you can get the day you land if you haven't done it already on your validation, as you will have UK licence you can just walk in and get ACT licence (lucky fish) :)

Remember to have contact details of people in Oz if you know anyone to be of reference for your application. They do phone and check if you were, neat clean and decent people etc. Remember to warn your referees before hand.

If you need any other info, please ask you know where to find us.

I think this was all we added to our application set but i do stand to be corrected.

• Like 1

Keglin the most important document in your rental document is an application letter. Tell the owner a bit about yourself and your family - for instance I wrote that we have a rental property in the UK as well so I know what it feels like to entrust a property to someone else and that I will look after it like it's my own. I also explained that I was pregnant and really needed a 'nest' for my little one very soon!! It worked and we got the property we loved. Afterwards the agent told me that the owners who are living in China had similar circumstances - she also fell pregnant before they moved to China so she was sympathetic towards me because of that!

All we supplied was the letter, copies of our passports and then the agent rang my husband's company for a reference.

Good luck! And I hope you sell your house in the UK quickly, we didn't and although the agents are looking after it nicely it's still a pain in the neck, as our rental income doesn't cover the mortgage! We've recently had an offer so I'm hoping that it will go through!!

• Like 1