Advice Please..

NAN

I agree Donovan totally. Today when someone chats to you, you immediately start to wonder what do they want. Even chatting to nice helpful people on here, I must admit has given me a few thoughts of what is in it for them (the one's already in Oz who have offered help). It's downright awful that this is how we live. I look at my buddies on FB and those who live in Oz have a huge group of people around them that come to their aid at the first sign of problems (speaking already about my friend who's sister had a stroke back here in SA..her Ozzie friends were the first to start wanting to donate money as her sister doesn't have med aid over here, and offer whatever they could), but we have a small little handful of really true people that we have kept close to us. The rest are old school buddies that we might chat to once in a blue moon on FB. I have a recollection of living in the UK when I was small with my mom, and the kids used to have street parties for their birthdays. The whole neighbourhood would come. Each mom would chip in with a plate of snax, and the whole street would have a right royal time. Here in our small street I know the people living next to us. We say hi and bye and that is it. They have a son a year younger than my son, but we don't mix socially. Scary! I am determined that this will change in Oz.