Returning to Message Read

SASydneysider

Question

Hi, When reading through the forum using the 'view new content' function, I use my browser's Back button (IE) to return from reading a post. This takes me back to the first post on the page, irrespective of how far down the list of posts I am.

It makes sense to return to the post just read instead of going to the beginning of the page and having to scroll down to get to the last post read on the page.

Am I doing something wrong?

4 answers to this question

I have tried it on my Mac with both Safari and Google Chrome, and on these browsers the back arrow returns to exactly where I was in the new content list. Could it be you're using Internet Explorer????? (that would be bad)

Apologies for the late reply Hendie, I have moved house and have been without an Internet connection. Yes, I am using IE8.

Download Firefox or Google Chrome, apart from not freezing up randomly both are better and faster (I use firefox)

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

What you could also do is Control click (Or middle click if your mouse has a click able scroll wheel) on the list, this will open them in a new window and not close the list

Thanks Nev. I've tried the ctrl click and it opens a new tab and does not go to the tab. When manually going to the tab, it positions me at the top of the SAAus page, which is still not what is required.