Confusion - Application processing times

fisherman

Hello there,

Please could someone help me understand this process!

On austimeline there are applications lodged in August 06 , (SI136 NON MODL) who were requested to do their PCC's & Meds almost 6 weeks ago. We lodged early Sept and have not heard a thing. Have I perhaps made a HUGE mistake on my application and now there is a problem with it or is it just pot luck!! I was told that case officers are sorted by region and SA is region 5. How would you know if there is a problem with your documents?

If anyone can help me understand, that would be super. Most of the cases seem to take 07 Months for a case officer to be allocated but some are taking 05 Months?

Thanks

Fisherman :thumbdown:

Hi Fisherman ! I don't think you have reason to worry. We also lodged in September and still waiting. It would appear from the forum that the people who lodged in August are now getting news back. I spoke to the lady at the immigration company in Jo'burg on Friday and she confirmed that in February she got feedback for applications lodged in July and August. According to her it takes anything from 6 - 9 months before a CO is appointed. She also reminded me that the DIMA is a government department ...... Please keep me posted on this forum and I'll do likewise.

Hi Fisherman

I'm as confused as you are about this. What other countries fall in the same band or group as South Africa? Because only searching for Saffers make it a very small sample size?

Regards

Emma

Hi

I 'm also on 136 lodged September and have not heard a word. My partner, South African and British passport, submitted in November and end Feb had a case officer - but unfortunately made a error in adding the 120 - now only gets 115 - but not everything thrown out of the window. Been invited to apply for 495 - so ja - will see. Good luck for the waiting

lodge 21/6/06. Case officer requested medicals , IELTS and additional info 12/01/07. Provided us till 24/03/2007 to provide all of this. Hope this give you idea of current timelines. you should hear from CO in the next month

lodge 21/6/06. Case officer requested medicals , IELTS and additional info 12/01/07. Provided us till 24/03/2007 to provide all of this. Hope this give you idea of current timelines. you should hear from CO in the next month

Thanks for that! Maybe the easter bunny will bring us September lodgers a golden egg!! :D

Regions are split up as follows

Region 1 - China

Region 2 - India

Region 3 - Europe, South Asia (except India),

South Pacific (Brisbane etc.,)

Region 4 - South Africa and Thailand

Region 5 - Jakarta, Beirut & Washington regions

(the Americas)

The British applications also get split up between the 5 regions evenly. So you will have some in region 4 where we are.

We are also waiting :) - this is really the most frustrating part of the whole process. You think that there could be something that could be done to streamline the process.

Also remember that DIAC has a client service charter with different processing times for "high risk" (us) and "low risk" (UK) countries, so a UK applicant will usually get a CO before an SA applicant.

Cindylou

Hi

Just my 5 cents, we are in region 5 SA application 136 Non MODL so the region thing seems to a bit on the odd side.

As I understand it they look at your application on an individual case by case method and the region that you belong to does not really matter. If you come from a high risk country South Africa :huh: then your application will take longer because the tend to investigate it a lot more that just accepting everything on face value.

This is what I have experienced.

Cheers

Rudi Steyn