Job Hunting

Camper

Hi

I am looking for a job in Perth where we can get sponsored for a 457 visa, i have had a positive TRA as a Fitter, we are prepared to pay our own way. we currently have submitted for our 316 but that was at the end of Jan07.

i have worked in the pulp and paper industry which is regarded as heavy industry, any one got contacts i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Best of luck im sure will get some news anyday now...

My reason for emailing you is my husband is fitter and we need to do a TRA we from JHB Westrand any advise were we can go to and how long is it valid for? Did you do your Ielts aswell?

Mandy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mandy

Sorry i only saw this today, yes you he does have to do the IELTS test and you are right he has to have his trade reconized through the TRA. It is quite a mission but the TRA is the first step, in the mean time start getting your unabridged certficates together.

As far as i am aware the TRA assesment does not expire.

What ever you do try and not use a agent as from personal experience it is a waste of a lot of money.

Regards

Camper

:ilikeit:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mandy B @ Apr 23 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hi there

Best of luck im sure will get some news anyday now...

My reason for emailing you is my husband is fitter and we need to do a TRA we from JHB Westrand any advise were we can go to and how long is it valid for? Did you do your Ielts aswell?

Mandy

Edited by Camper

Hi Mandy,

My boyfriend is also a fitter and we are also busy putting together is TRA if you go to the TRA website( which you can find through google) they will tell you all you need to know. Its basically a portfolio of what tools they can use and what work they have done. You also need to send copies of apprentice contracts and letters of employment and any other certificates they may have.

Check out the site though its very helpful.

Candice :)

;) I am looking for any Teaching post in Australia. I am currently in Special Education and has 14 years of experience in this field of education. Can someone give me more detail on what the steps are, and what I must do to apply for a Teaching pos in Australia?

Thanks

Ockie

Hi Ockie,

DAX did a posting on teaching in South Australia and it can be found here. Also use the Search function on the top right of the start-up page of the forum using the word teaching. This will bring up a host of information covered on what steps should be followed and also other useful information.

SAS

Edited by SASydneysider