New passport and existing visas

I received the best gift today... My passport finally arrived from SA with my married name. YAY!! :blink:;) (We got married 05/11/05 and left SA 10/04/06, so had no time to get new passport at the time)

I hoped it would come before we lodge and it did. But now I am just totally baffled what to do.

I was ready to lodge our visa on Monday, but now I don't know what to do. Do I first have to get the 457 visa label in my new passport? HOw do I do this?

My SA police clearance that we did before we left, would have been sent in next week, but now I am not sure how it works, cause I have the new passport and in my married surname. The papers with my mother in law are still in my maiden name. Can I just send them in, or do I have to do new ones in the correct surname?

Then I need to change my surname with all the bills. Banks, Telstra, Virgin Mobile, Ergon Energy. Just seems endless. Not really sure how to do this, so hopefully some of you can help out?

Cheers

D

Do I first have to get the 457 visa label in my new passport?

Why do you want to do this? Just carry your old passport with you.

This should not affect your new application (136?) as you will submit your new biodata pages with it.

The thing is JJV, my passport is in totally different surname now so surely I need to get a new label for my 457 visa?

Hi Dedrei

I wouldn't stress about this too much if I were you. Send in copies of your old passport, your 457 visa label, your new passport and your unabridged marriage certificate. These CO's are actually quite a helpful bunch and I'm sure will be able to put 2 and 2 together. :ph34r::lol:

If there's anything additional they require from you, they will send you an e-mail. I remember the stress :) I went thru while waiting for our application to be processed, but after chatting with the ladies in the Lounge, realised that the government workers in Oz aren't the same as the ones in RSA. They're human and caring!

Take Care

Pam