Midlander: New Lad

Midlander

Hello all,

My wife, 2 kids and myself are relocating to Brisbane/Gold Coast in November. I am originaly from Pietermaritzburg and my wife from Nelspruit. We have lived in the UK for nearly 5 years ( a means to an end) and are extatic in the knowledge that this will be our final Northern European winter.

It has been a long hard battle for the pair of us to come to terms with our not returning to SA. We have now, however 'broken the back' of feeling displaced and lonely and are extremely excited about our move to Oz. I was lucky that my mother is Hobart born. This has entitled me to imediate citizenship without the pelava of visas.

Our kids are 2 & 4 and we cant wait to 'run' them in the sunshine. I am Quantity Surveyor by trade and my wife is completing her BA part time with the intention of teaching.

See you all in November - viva Oz.

Hi Midlander,

Welcome!

Good luck with everything and hope to see you in Aus in November :blink:

Hi Midlander

Welcome to our forum. The Gold Coast is well represented on the forum so fire away with any questions.

Hi Midlander

Welcome to the forum. On our way today to KZN for a quick holiday! My mom is a QS, emigrated to Aus three years ago and found work as soon as she started looking (in Perth, but I'm sure the building boom is the same in Qld)

Good luck

Cindylou

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Midlander

Welcome to the forum. On our way today to KZN for a quick holiday! My mom is a QS, emigrated to Aus three years ago and found work as soon as she started looking (in Perth, but I'm sure the building boom is the same in Qld)

Good luck

Cindylou

Hi Midlander

We are on the Gold Coast, my hubbie is a QS and found work within 2 days.. first in Brisbane and commuted then on the Gold Coast. He is now a Development Manager for a large organisation. Feel free to contact him as he has major contacts and they are very very short of QS's on the Gold Coast.

email mgrierson@optusnet.com.au

regards

Heather