You have 3 months to get a license... what if it laps?

monsta

"If you have entered Victoria on a permanent visa issued under the Migration Act 1958, you may drive on your overseas driver licence for:

• six months from the date you first entered Australia if the permanent visa was issued before you entered Australia; or,
  • six months from the date when the permanent visa was issued to you if the permanent visa was issued to youwhilst in Australia.

If you want to continue driving in Victoria after this time you must change your overseas licence to a Victorian driver licence."

• 4 weeks later...

Hi we did our drivers in Mandurah WA. Two weeks after our 3 month limit. We got the Drivers without P Plates. I have spoken to the licencing department over the 3 month limit (My licence was expired already (1 month) and they said that as long as it was not expired for to long a period.) and they said that they don't care too much about it BUT the officers pulls you over or asks for the drivers they might give you crap about not having your AUS licence.

My recommendation will be do it as soon as possible, because here in Wait a while (western Australia), that how the locals call it, everything takes time EVERYthing. For a first world country its very frustrating.

Renier and Marilu