Visiting SA - The Duty Visit

MrsMupersan

Just a quick report in.

Having a lovely time with my mom. Was fabulous to be met at the airport my her and my grandparents. I didn't pay much attention to my surroundings. The drive from the airport past all the shacks was as dismaying as I'd thought it would be. But I kept my thoughts to myself. Seeing a horse and cart on Forest Drive in Pinelands was a but of a shock! Have been to Canal Walk to get my micro sims for iPhone and iPad and the service was friendly and efficient. Also did some clothes shopping at Cape Union Mart, Street Fever, Poetry and Old Khaki and the service was outstanding! The guy at Street Fever took one look at my Cats (which finally gave up the ghost after 8 years) and told me I wear a size 4. :-)

Driving has been a bit hairy. Definitely not used to such aggresive driving anymore. But I just remain chilled and don't let it bother me.

I drove through to Fresnaye today to visit family and I just have to say... That is one mighty big eye sore that dominates the entire Sea Point area. Bloody hideous stadium! ;)

But so far, so good. Will keep you posted on my holiday. :-)

• Like 3

Welcome in back in SA :ilikeit:

Enjoy your holiday!

see I just have to say it - I TOLD YOU SO !! Mr Wade told me something along those lines too after I mentioned I was a little hesitant. :blush-anim-cl:

Im so pleased to hear you are having a wonderful time - enjoy it - I must say you are braver than me - I took one look at the non existant driving skills and knew I was way out of my league.

Happy holiday,

Glad it's going good and that you have good service so far. SA drivers must be the most aggressive in the world!! But you are doing the right thing by staying chilled....wish the rest of us would do the same!!