Had my first ozzie interview

Dedrei

:) I just need a timeout right now. Had the most exhausting interview ever with a possible employer in Cairns.

They seem very interested. Need to come and see them once we arrive, so we can officially meet up and so I can see their working environment. Then they will make a offer, hopefully. :D

Ajay, just had my first personal experience of the way in which you guys in oz interview. All the behavoural questions had me thinking very hard and hopefully I answered correctly. This type of interviewing is exhausting to say the least. We chatted for about 45 mins.

So keep them fingers crossed :ilikeit::)

:P

What (for example) did they ask?

Sounds like it's more about the person than the skill - or am I wrong? :)

They ask questions like...

Talk about a group situation in which there were problems. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome? What role did you play in the group? How could the group improve its performance?

Tell me about a time when you experienced a failure and how you reacted to it.

Tell me about a time when you were under considerable pressure to meet one or more goals.

Describe a situation where you had to resolve a problem at work and explain how you resolved it.

Describe a situation where you did not agree with something your boss asked you to do and how you resolved the problem.

:):ilikeit:

Goeie GOM!! Jy't seker gevoel soos FLINKDINK!!! :)

:):ilikeit::)

Dis hoekom ek sommer 'n kopseer nou het en moeg voel van al die dink.

Guest Larry

Well, there is one bright side to it. - Any future employer who interviews you will probably ask very similar questions.

In every interview that I have done, I have been asked very similar questions. By a process of elimination, I finally figured out what the panel wanted to hear..... If you get the first job for which you are interviewed, good luck! If not, treat it as a dry run and put it down to experience.

You'll be absolutely fine Dedriei - even if this isn't the one. The questioning technique is designed to properyly showcase your competencies, and provided you are able to give real examples, you'll come out looking competent. It is a bit taxing initially, but once you get into it, it becomes easier.

Good luck with this one - hope it goes well!

Love

Ajay

I am on my way to my second interview. My first was also 45 mins but over lunch. It is so different to what I am used to. This guy basically assumed thatI was competent enough and just discussed where I would like to be and what options are available in the industry. I am more worried about todays interview because it is with a bigger company and the HR person will be present. Will let you know how this one pans out.

Good luck! :blink:

The second interview was more of the same, only this time a little longer. They asked for referees and told me they would let me know by the end of the week. Please hold thumbs for me you guys!!! Deidre all the best I hope you get the job if it is what you want.