Visa application - do you reference every page to an index page

Dedrei

Hi guys

Just a question.

Have any of you referenced your papers for your visa application or did you just whack them all together and posted it. Just wondering if it might be easier for them to find things in the 100+ pages and might save some time?

I will then put a big steel fold back clip at the top of the pages just to keep everything together.

What have you guys done?

Cheers

D

Hey D :ilikeit:

My plan of action was to make it as easy as possible for them to process the application. I made an index page, detailing all the included documents, which I numbered. On the visa application itself I cross referenced each question with the supporting documentation too. I kept the different sections together, like you, with the fold back clips. As far as I remember staples and binders are a no-no.

Good luck!

Love

Julie :whome:

Edited by Jules

Thanks Jules!!!

Just seems so daunting as it can be over 100 pages that I'll have to cross reference etc. But if it helps for them to do it quicker, why not.

So you guys received positive visa and had no issues?

Luv

D

Oh man, daunting doesn't even begin to describe it! :whome: We didn't have any problems and everything went smoothly, thank goodness :ilikeit: . I have no idea what difference it might have made if I hadn't done it how I did but I just imagined some poor person in an office having to sift through all of these documents and make some sense out of them, in amongst tea breaks, lunches, quick peeks online to see what's happening at their favourite sites :D etc etc and I figured it would be easier and a lot faster for them if it was all organised. I think that you will find anyway that it's going to be a lot easier for you to put it together once your system is in place too.

Are you just about ready to send it in?

Mostly yes, just need to get some last stuff certified and then starting numbering those pages & complete the application forms. :ilikeit:

Another question.

Do you just cross out the sections that aren't applicable and some of the pages too, or do you just leave it blank?

Hi Dedrei

Don't leave any pages out, rather just leave them blank if the sections don't apply to you!

Cindy

Hi there,

I think it's a great idea! They would WANT to look through your papers rather than somebody elses papers that are stapled together and difficult to go through. You girls are very organised, I will defenitately know who to ask when we reach that stage of the application process. Good Luck Deidre, Hoop hulle hou van jou pakkie en dat jy sommer gou die ok by hulle ontvang. :ilikeit:

Cheers

Helena G :whome: