Forum Suggestion - Removing Some Pinned Topics

Donovan83

Question

I was wondering if the moderators would consider unpinning some of the pinned topics - some of them are outdated. A good example is the one about converting from a 175 to a 176 - you can't do this with any recently lodged visa, so is it relevant?

5 answers to this question

I am with Donovan83 on this - I don't tend to go to the individual forums anymore - one of the reasons was that the first pages on some are full of pinned topics you can't see what the recent conversatons are about.

But perhaps some could be moved to a pinned topics list?

The converting from a 175 to a 176 is still open to those who applied prior to July 2010 - who got dropped down with the changes in priorities. But I think most who were eligible will have switched by now if they could.

Thank you for the suggestion. We have unpinned many of the outdated topics or topics that no replies for the past 2 years.

Good idea and well done Jordy for cleaning up so to speak

Yeah I agree - sometimes the pinned topics are the whole 1st page! Things should really only be pinned if it contains crucial up to date information. If a thread is really of great value, it will stay on the 1st or recent pages by default as ppl take part in the conversations. Thanks for cleaning them up Jordy!

Archived