Time periods for the visitor's visa (676)?

WAtdehel

We've filed our visitor's visas today and the (pretty useless) lady behind the counter told us it will take about 10 working days! The website reports that it should take about 3-5 working days. Our flights are booked for 10 working days from today. :ilikeit:

We had to wait so late to get all the documentation in order. Now I'm pretty worried...

Anyone filed similar applications in Pretoria lately? How long did it take?

Any comments appreciated.

Hi

I can not be of much help. I just wanted to say that I'm in the same boat as you guys.

I lodged by application last Wednesday with the full understanding that it will take 3-5 days.

Firstly I forgot about WORKING days. :ilikeit:

Our flight is already on Sunday which will give you exactly 8 working days the same amount of time the lady told us it would take. Needless to say I’m very worried. :ilikeit:

I phoned the VFS offices and they were totally useless, giving me the “due to high volumes” speech. That’s not going to help me much now, is it? All I can do is to start phoning the High commission directly, but they only take your call once your given time has expired. No matter what they say I’m going to start calling them on Wednesday!

Hi

I can not be of much help. I just wanted to say that I'm in the same boat as you guys.

I lodged by application last Wednesday with the full understanding that it will take 3-5 days.

Firstly I forgot about WORKING days. ;)

Our flight is already on Sunday which will give you exactly 8 working days the same amount of time the lady told us it would take. Needless to say I’m very worried. :o

I phoned the VFS offices and they were totally useless, giving me the “due to high volumes” speech. That’s not going to help me much now, is it? All I can do is to start phoning the High commission directly, but they only take your call once your given time has expired. No matter what they say I’m going to start calling them on Wednesday!

Hi Anchen,

Pretty stressful, eh? Where are you guys heading? We're off to Brisbane, if we get the damn visas!

You need to submit the travel itinerary, letters from employers, accomodation bookings - ALL giving dates of your stay, ergo you need to make these arrangements before filing the visa. If they then take too long with the visa application, you're screwed.

Good time to start drinking! :( Please let me know if you have any success with the Oz High Commission, then I'll also get on their case.

Good luck!! :hug:

Hi there

Just an update. I phoned the commission yesterday but the recorded message said that they proffered getting email. So I rather mailed them because I don’t want to get them mad at me. I got an automated message that they will respond in 7 days – Whopeeee! :ilikeit:

Luckily a few hours later I got an email saying they’ll process it that day and will send it back to VFS the next day (today). This morning when I checked the status it said that the passport was send back to VFS and just now the status was on VFS received it and it is ready for collection. It says nothing about the Visa being granted but I’m sure they would have said something if it wasn’t

I’m not totally relaxed yet. We must still go and collect it and they could’ve screwed up anything. I might not even receive my own passport back? :blink:

Will let you know once I’ve got in my hand. Mean time check your status on http://www.vfs-au.co.za/track.html and if it is 5 days and nothing. Mail them: dima-pretoria@dfat.gov. Or actually mail the lady that responded to my mail directly: Vera.De.Vere@dfat.gov.au. Hope this helps :lol:

We are going to Sydney. Herman’s brother lives there. We didn’t need to hand in any itineraries etc, because we are visiting relatives and they wrote a letter. Can't wait anymore. Tomorrow is my last day at work. We’re flying on Sunday!

Hi Anchen,

You're a star - thank you. I'll mail the lady directly today and plead our case in sugary language.

Enjoy your trip! :ilikeit:

Hi Anchen,

You're a star - thank you. I'll mail the lady directly today and plead our case in sugary language.

Enjoy your trip! :ilikeit:

Okey got visas in my hand. Bags are 50% packed Ready to go!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys! Let me know.

Enjoy

A.

You must be excited as hell! :blink:

Have a good trip!

Thanks again for the tips. I mailed Vera at the consulate and she promised to try and process our applications early next week. Let's hope for the best.

Enjoy the globetrotting!