Partner requirements if you have enough points

Liesl24

Hi guys,

I have a question. I am applying for a 136 skilled independent visa as the main applicant. My job is on the MODL list and in doing a self assessment, I have 135 points compared to the minimum 120 required.

I have not taken the 5 bonus points into account for my spouse. For this, he has to do the IELTS test and a skills assessment.

My question is... if I have enough points, do I still have to claim for my spouse and is it therefore necessary for him to take the IELTS test and do the skills assessment?

GOOD LUCK to all of you out there going through the application process.

Regards

Liesl

Edited by Liesl24

Hu Liezl,

You are the main applicant, and you obviously have enough points to qualify, so it's not neccesary to claim for your spouse etc. He will have to do the IELTS though because South Africa is not clasified as an english speaking country (All applicants oveer the age of 18 I think?) :ilikeit: . Otherwise you'll have to pay the second installment of the 136 Visa payment. You can go and read more by payments for 136 on the DIMMA site.

Your partner does'nt need to do a skills assessment as you have enough points.

But, as was said, he will have to do the IELTS test or you are going to have to fork out another $ 2, 765 Aus Dollars for the second instalment.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski....htm#familyreqs

All the best with your application

Gary