Perth LSD Trip

BrianJ

Hi,

We went on a LSD trip to Perth for a week and returned to South Africa on Friday 16th Feb.

We returned with a firm job offer, and are very pleased about this.

We have directed the job offer to Freespirit as they will arrange our 457 Visa.

Documents were e-mailed this Friday, and the contract has already been signed by my

prosective employer.

Medicals and chest x-rays are scheduled for 1 March, and we will then wait for our visas.

Any thoughts as to how long we could expect to wait until the process is complete?

Also, if other members have gone this route, could they advise about their experience

Thanks,

Brian

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB OFFER!

Sorry - I can't answer any of your questions.

What did you think of Perth????

Gaille

Hello Gaille,

We had last visited Perth, 10 years ago, and were extremely suprised at how this region

has developed. The road system is very good - public transport seems good - the place is clean -

traffic lights work.

No people harassing you at traffic lights, shopping centres etc - what joy!

People adhere to the speed limit.

The housing has definitely improved, and in newer suburbs like Joondalup (north) there are truly beautiful

homes.

The thing that impressed the most however, was the fact that everything seemed so familiar, and it

feels more like being in another province than another country.

The one thing that I did not like / quite understand, was all the tyre marks on the roads. It seems

that burnouts are very popular, and roads in suburbs and industrial areas are full of these black marks.

However if one compares this to the things that i dislike about South Africa, then its insignificant.

We intend bringing our dogs over. Please could you PM me with the do's and dont's that you encountered

in bringing your extended family over.

Regards,

Brian

That is pretty much what we thought of Perth.

As for the tyre marks on the roads, we're looking for a new place to rent and if there are marks on the road we are not interested in the home.

We had only been here about 2 weeks when we pulled into a very quiet parking lot at a beach, I asked my hubby about the marks and as he explained the whole donut mentality this sound erupted behind us. This hoon was by himself in his crappy car doing a donut!?? I couldn't believe it.

I will PM you my thoughts on the quarantine process.....

Cheers

Gaille

Afternoon BrianJ

i have seriously thought about getting on a plane and going to Perth and do a bit of job hunting, we want to get going but we still have a good 8 to 9 mths to go before our 316 visa comes through, did you set up interviews before you went over?

Cheers

Camper :thumbdown:

Hello Camper,

I applied for many jobs , that were being advertised on the internet without success, and therefore decided to go to the companies in person.

I did not have interviews lined up prior to going over.

I spent one morning actively looking for a job, and my second interview resulted in a position being

offered to me.

The expense of going over was therefore justified, although I do believe that we were possibly in the right place at the right time.

[Morning Brianj

after what you have said i am off to Perth on a job hunting trip. what visa's did you go in on, i went the visa place this morning and told me i had to go in a 456 for jon interviews, but to do this i need a letter from a company saying i am coming over for a interview. if i go in on a holiday visa can i take all my work documents with me and not pick up trouble at customs.

any suggestions would help from anyone who has gone this route.

Thanks

Camper

Hi Camper,

f you go in on a visitor's visa and they catch you with a CV and so forth you'll be sent home very quickly...

What a lot of people do is simply save your stuff to a flash disk (and scan copies in of your certified docs and post them original certified docs if they want them)...unless you know someone you can post them to but i wonder if they'd get there with our postal system...

Good Luck, you'll enjoy Perth tons as we just got back from there...

• 3 weeks later...

I am leaving SA on the 4th of May doing the LSD thing. I will be in Perth for about a week and a half to see if I can find a job if not successful I will venture over to the Gold coast. I must say I am much more relaved after reading all your comments.

Hope to be there soon! One question should one arrange a rental car now before leaving or leave it until we are there?

Eugene