Skills Assessment

JayNBee

Does anyone happen to know whether the Certificate in Estate Agency issued by the Estate Agency Affairs Board is a recognised qualification in Australia?

We are applying for the 136 using Bill's qualifications, and I was thinking of going for the Skills Assessment myself, as well as all the other bits and bobs, so that he can get the extra 5 points for spouse skills.

Bill should get 120 points on his own, but we thought better be safe and try and add some more points!

Many thanks for all the invaluable advice and kind words since we joined the forum.

Bye for now,

Juanita :ilikeit:

Juanita I don't know the answer to your question. If you go to www.immi.gov.au and you follow the skills assessment route for your specific occupation would you not get the relevant info from the organisation that does the skills assessment? :ilikeit:

Juanita

Have a look at these links: real-estate-salesperson and vetassess

The first link is from the DIAC website and apparently Vetassess is the assessing body but after reading a bit about them they seem to only assess for Victoria....

Hope this helps

Gaille

Thanks for the advice. I did make some progress today. I wrote to the governing body of the profession in NSW where we will be, and they replied immediately telling me about a course I can do (eletronically!) which will give me what I need to be qualified in Oz!! I can do the course before I apply for my Skills Assessment, so there should be no problem.

Big sigh of relief! :unsure:

Bye for now,

Juanita