Checking Status Of Police Clearance

SANZOZ

@DavePE

That is what Tanya told me on Tues.

My Visa was Granted so i am going first. When hubbies comes through. We will book the rest of the tickets. 

He needs to stay a little longer to wrap up some things and not rush it.

So in a way it has been a good thing.

I feel sorry for him. Handling 2 kids 4 and 1. On the plane by himself

Congratulations on your visa Knoxfamily, am sure your husband will be fine with the kids on the plane ?

The system is back online today but apparently running very slowly. They couldn't give an estimate on how long applications would take.

I had email them, and they actually replied. 

Apparently my PCC will be ready next week Thursday <_< .

It will be 8 weeks then since registering on the system. 10 Weeks since drop off.

• Like 1

Just a reminder to please avoid this woman like the plague:

http://unabridgedcertificates.com/police-clearance-certificates/

Tanya Beifus maybe the most incompetent person I've ever dealt with. I don't posses the vocabulary to describe how pathetic her service has been and continues to be. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't use this woman in trying to get your PCC. Take your prints to any PostNet or any reputable courier.

*Rant Off*

1 hour ago, DavePE said:

Just a reminder to please avoid this woman like the plague:

http://unabridgedcertificates.com/police-clearance-certificates/

Tanya Beifus maybe the most incompetent person I've ever dealt with. I don't posses the vocabulary to describe how pathetic her service has been and continues to be. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't use this woman in trying to get your PCC. Take your prints to any PostNet or any reputable courier.

*Rant Off*

What she do now????

• 4 weeks later...

So this is a summary of my experience

I emailed DocAssist for a quote for PCCs for me and my wife. Worked out to be +-R1400 for them to take docs to CRC and deliver to me once ready.

Since i stay in Pretoria, i decided to try it myself.

Take fingerprints at Garsfontein Police Station : 30minutes

Drive to CRC from Garsfontein Police Station  : 30minutes

Stand in Queue and hand in documents at CRC : 40minutes

To me this was not a bad experience up to this point. They have quite a nice system at CRC to ensure that no one jumps the queue. When i got there, there was quite a long queue, but a lot of people assisting, so it did not take that long.

So to anyone wanting to do hand it in yourself, it is doable. There is quite a nice Sasol garage around the corner from the CRC. My wife parked there in the shade while i walked around the corner to the CRC to hand in the docs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed two things that may be of interest.

1: for those who live in Pretoria or in the vicinity, the PCC centre is now open 24 hours a day. I went in at 19:00 and it took less than five minutes to collect my PCC

2: we were stressing about the certificate having my wife's maiden name on it. When we collected, the PCCs seemed to have a new format and automatically includes maiden name. Even mine (I'm a guy) had a section and space for maiden name. 

Hope this is useful for anyone else who's still applying for their PCC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update.

25 Feb. Applications handled in.

14 Mar. Received sms that it was submitted into the system.

25 Mar. Received sms that the documents are ready for collection.

Will be going to collect tomorrow bright and early before the morning rush - thank you Hoping4Oz for the tip :ilikeit:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago I was accused of a crime but not found guilty. How will this impact police clearance? I'd like to completely avoid having to explain what happened because then I'm pretty sure Aus will never allow me to cross their borders.

As far as I know you will not have a problem. Basically, you submit your fingerprints to SAPS and they check whether there is any conviction linked to you. Don't stress!

So just an update to anyone interested. I walked into PCC offices in Pretoria at 14h00 this afternoon to collect my documents. There was no que. Walked straight it, collected and walked out. Took less than 2 minutes.

So if you are applying on your own, or collecting, seems like just after lunchtime is a very good time

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, how long is the Police Clearance Certificate valid for once issued? Also what does it cost if you do it directly with SAPS in Pretoria?

It is valid for 1 year from issue

The only costs is the application, which was R105 if i remember correctly? Somewhere in that region. You pay that at the police station

• 1 month later...

Thanks Eduan. I dropped off my docs off in Pretoria last week and check every few days to see if our application is loaded.

I did not bother to log in and check. I just waited for the SMS confirmations. Mine took 2 weeks to be loaded and 2 weeks to be issued

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Kateoz said:

Did you have the same issue 

28 minutes ago, KnoxFamily said:

Did you have the same issue 

No I did not, had excellent service from Tanya Beifus .

I have just booked my plane tickets we will be arriving in Jan thanks to Tanya's amazing service  

I find it a hell of a convenient that you decided to join this forum today. The same day that someone responded to my post blasting Tanya's so called "service" on Mybroadband.co.za and the only posts you've contributed to this forum are one's saying how good her service is. Readers be warned... I stand by my comments that her service was appalling and added absolutely no value whatsoever. This is obviously Tanya or her husband or someone trying to do damage control. When you give terrible service you should acknowledge you messed up and do your level best to fix it, not come post on forums under false pretenses...

Edited by DavePE
  • Like 1

Dave you are a Cyber Bully.

I joined this site a week ago. I wanted to use Tanya's services and saw your bulling posts that you wrote on every site you could get your hands on.

I used her services and as I said was very happy with them .

I asked her why your clearance took so long  Please see her reply below .

I agree with her there is a difference between complaining about a service and defamation of character DavePE.

Edited by Hendie
Divulging private information about a client on a public forum.