St. George Bank

Springbok

Can I ask a favour please - I'm looking for the telephone number of Gail Kelly, the CEO of St. George Bank in Sydney. Her personal assistant's number will also do.

I am more or less where she was 10 years ago - worked for Nedbank and decided to emigrate to Sydney, so would like to have a chat to her.

Thanks

Springbok

Hi,

This is the best I can do .....

St.George Bank, Head Office. St.George House 4-16 Montgomery St Kogarah

Switchboard

(02) 9236 1111

I found this information in the White Pages http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/busSearch....NSW&bookID=N00W

You might want to see if you can't find anything on their website http://www.stgeorge.com.au/

Cheers, SAS

Guest Bronwyn

Charl I like your style! :(

For anyone that would like to read about an ex Saffer success story in Australia, read about Gail Kelly here:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/ceo...9724845747.html

I saved the article a few weeks ago because I think she is quite an inspiration. Born in Pretoria and qualified as a teacher, she is now the highest paid woman in Australia, earning a cool $1,5 million p.a plus an equivalent bonus.

Not too shabby for an ex-Pretorianer, or what?

Bronwyn

PS. She also has triplets....

Edited by Bronwyn

Hiya Springbok

Another ex Neddie here! I "grew up" in Nedbank and worked for the bank from the age of sixteen. Now happily self employed, but remember being blown away by Gail many years ago.

Good luck and let us know if you do get hold of her

Cindylou

she is now the highest paid woman in Australia, earning a cool $1,5 million p.a plus an equivalent bonus.

She's made progress in the meantime:

"It was reported by News Ltd on the 2nd of October 2006, that Gail Kelly is on a yearly salary of A$4.4 million."

:unsure:

See Wikipedia Well done Gail! :(

Some other banking snippits I picked up:

Macquarie Bank, Australia’s biggest recruiter in the banking and financial services sector over the last few years, doesn’t expect to slow down its hiring boom at all in 2007, although it does admit that competition for staff is toughening up.

The Sydney-based bank has added another 1,200 staff in the past 10 months, taking its total to 9,400, nearly double the number of just three years ago.

Its international numbers have quadrupled over the same period and have jumped 28% in the past 10 months to 3,200. Much of that growth has occurred in Asia, where it’s established a strong investment bank division.

That pace of growth is expected to continue this year at least. CEO Allan Moss says competition for staff, particularly international staff, is increasing. “We’re trying to hire a lot of people, and it’s definitely becoming more competitive, especially in international markets.”

Still, the bank says it hasn’t seen any need to alter is remuneration plans, which include generous bonus and share packages, but tend to vest over an extended period.

“We haven’t seen any reason to modify that,” Moss says. “Our voluntary turnover is just 6% per annum for our top 20% of staff. That’s pretty low.”

Macquarie is regarded as one of the best payers in the Australian investment banking market, with an average salary package per employee of AU$350k. This includes short and long term incentives.

It is bettered only by another listed investment bank, Babcock & Brown, with an average salary for its 900 employees of AU$500k.

Hi there Springbok,

My dad has been working for Nedbank in Braamfontein head office since i can remember (and i'm standard bank but still a spring chicken in comaprison)...but he's 48 now, so what is the likelihood of him being able to get an offer in Oz considering his industry experience?

Just thought you may be able to give me a bit of a guide here because its his way out too...