fisherman: Still waiting and waiting ...

fisherman

Hello everyone,

I finally got a chance to write some info about me and my family. We are from Durban and both in in our thirties with two small daughters. We are hoping to go to Brisbane . We sent in our SI 136 (Modl) in September 2006 and are waiting for a case officer to be assigned. (Hopefully soon.) We did the application ourselves so hopefully all will be correct.

We wish we had found this forum sooner as it has been VERY informative !

Take Care,

Regards

FISHERMAN :blush:

Better late than never, huh, Fisherman :blush: Glad you fond us and good luck with your 136 application.

Cheers

Ajay

Hello everyone,

I finally got a chance to write some info about me and my family. We are from Durban and both in in our thirties with two small daughters. We are hoping to go to Brisbane . We sent in our SI 136 (Modl) in September 2006 and are waiting for a case officer to be assigned. (Hopefully soon.) We did the application ourselves so hopefully all will be correct.

Take Care,

Regards

FISHERMAN :P

Hi Fisherman.

Welcome to the forum. Our application were also lodged in September 06. Waiting and Waiting :P

Feels like this is taking forever. :huh: We are going to do our English tests this weekend. :blush: Hopefully soon we will get a request to go for medicals, cant wait. We are also thinking of moving to Brisbane. But before any major desicions can be made we must first get a case officer. :D I know how you feel. Five months later and still waiting. ;) But like we say in Afrikaans - "Ons beurt sal kom." Yea

Regards

Sheila2Oz

I suspect your case officer will be assigned pretty soon.

There seems to be a longer wait in respect of the 136 applications nowadays as there are so much more people who want migrate to Oz

All of the best!

Dax

The time line they give weekly is accurate, we submitted our application 26 June 2006 and 17 February 2007 we were assigned our case officer. The wait is long but I'm sure in 3 months time you will get your PR. Interestingly we front loaded our medicals before leaving SA in November and now they have requested them to be done AGAIN... Hang in there it is worth the wait.

C

Edited by colton

Hi I live on the Gold Coast, south of Brisbane. We are originally from Durban and Gold Coast is like living in Durban. We have a fantastic group of ladies here as a support group and we meet once a month for a ladies lunch to assist new South Africans who have just arrived. It has been fantastic for newcomers as it really helps to adjust. The first three months are the toughest mostly for the women but hang in there it is worth it. I am a home loans consultant so can answer any questions you might have with regards to buying a house, good banks etc. As for when the time comes and what to pack - bring everything u can including the venter!! It just makes settling in easier. (leave out the dishwasher as most homes come with dishwashers and blinds) Feel free to pick my brains anytime

Hi I live on the Gold Coast, south of Brisbane. We are originally from Durban and Gold Coast is like living in Durban. We have a fantastic group of ladies here as a support group and we meet once a month for a ladies lunch to assist new South Africans who have just arrived. It has been fantastic for newcomers as it really helps to adjust. The first three months are the toughest mostly for the women but hang in there it is worth it. I am a home loans consultant so can answer any questions you might have with regards to buying a house, good banks etc. As for when the time comes and what to pack - bring everything u can including the venter!! It just makes settling in easier. (leave out the dishwasher as most homes come with dishwashers and blinds) Feel free to pick my brains anytime

Hi Heahter - definitely packing my dishwasher I will have 2 in my new home. It is brand new ! thks for the advice on the blinds. Also brand new but not as expensive as the dishwasher so that can stay. Wish we were you guys. We still waiting for a CO. Ack receipt September 2006. Did the IETLS last week-end now we wait like everyone else.

Hi Heather.

I will defnitly meet up with the group ladies. :o

Can you give some advise on good suburbs, with good state schools in the area, son is 10 years old. We are thinking of moving to Brisbane but the Gold Coast is, as far as i know not to far from Brisbane. Some names of suburbs, then i can surf the web in those areas, just to get an idee, prices etc.

Hope to meet you soon ( Oct 2007 Hopefully) Waiting for PR136. :hug:

Regards

sheila2Oz

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the reply . We are looking at suburbs near Rocklea as that seems where my husband can get a job. We would eventually like to buy , but need to familiarize ourselves with the areas first . I have 6 and 2 year old daughters so have heard lots about the Gold Coast surfers (He He He). We are hoping that we will hear soon and that we can start planning the BIG move. What is Redland and Redcliffe areas like? I would possibly like to find a half day job once we are settled in.

Thanks

Ciao the fishermans wife.

Hello everyone,

Take Care,

Regards

FISHERMAN :ilikeit:

Hi Fisherman - Did you see the earlier post of Kayi - lodged in August 2006 got their visa yesterday or their day before..... there is hope for us. We also lodged in September.

Hi Fisherman - Did you see the earlier post of Kayi - lodged in August 2006 got their visa yesterday or their day before..... there is hope for us. We also lodged in September.

Gee that is FANTASTIC !! There is light at the end of this tunnel.....

Just got broken into last week and so pleased that I am hopefully close to leaving. God Willing!!!!

:blink: