On our way to Brisbane

avi

:):huh::D:( We finally on our way to validate our visas.Leaving on Emirates this Sunday 25th FEB for Brisbane via Dubai.Its going to be a long long trip with 2 kids who are just 5 and 1 but definitely worth it. A special thanks to all the contributors on this forum for the information you have posted .The information I got here was invaluable and very helpful...THANKS TO ALL OF YOU...ESPECIALLY people like Queensland girl and Pippa :D:ilikeit::ilikeit:

We going to be in Brisbane for 3 weeks.We decided to stay in Margate,Recliffe which is just 20 km out of the city ....right on the sea...much better to keep the kids occupied while dad does some work :holy: .Hired a car from East Coast Rentals at a good rate for the duration of our stay.We are going to travel the surrounding surburbs of Brisbane extensively to check out which area we would like to finally settle down in.Also will be checking out things like schooling and similar for the kids.

Being on a 160 business visa, I also have to get in touch with a few accountants and business brokers while I am there, to scout for a good venture to buy into or start off.If anyone on this forum could recommend a few good accountants and /or buss brokers it would be very much appreciated.I have been warned that buying a business in Aus can be risky and one has to check it out properly before the final decision.Your help will be appreciated.

I will keep all of you posted on my impressions as soon as I can

Wish us Luck! :lol:

Hi Avi and Family,

Wow :holy: ! Can't believe that you are on your way already :) !

All the best with travelling with the kids and your venture in finding business opportunities :huh: . Although a business visa might not be the easiest route :D , I think it is such an adventure and a real challenge :D:ilikeit::( !

My parents met with Hugh Haverson from Queensland a while back when he was visiting South Africa. He is an ex-South African and is now advising people on where to buy property in Australia. My parents have learnt a lot from him :lol: and if you are interested, pm me, so that I can send you his contact details. He might be able to assist you with some relevant business information :ilikeit: .

Hope you enjoy every moment! I really look forward to your feedback on the trip. Please travel safe and enjoy :D !

Bon Voyage, Pippa! X

Good Luck with your trip!

Dubai Airport is very BIG! Lots of duty free perfume shopping & CD's. Enjoy Brisbane and Good Luck with the business you have to do that side. Enjoy the sea and travel back safely.

Cheers,

Helena G :(