Best way to apply on skilled Visa

suzi

Hi

My husband is on the skills shortage list and we have decided to start the application process for Skilled Migration. Between the 2 of us we have enough points as well to get in. We have all the necessary forms and would just like some advice on what is the best way to apply? Do we fill in all the forms ourselves and contact DIMEA? or is the best practice to go through a migration consultant? if so does anyone have contacts and prices of which agencies we should use?

My last question is also where do we post our CV's? (we have posted it on this website) and all other websites we received from migrationexpert.com require you to have a work visa before you apply.

Hoping to get some good advice...

Suzi

Hi

My husband is on the skills shortage list and we have decided to start the application process for Skilled Migration. Between the 2 of us we have enough points as well to get in. We have all the necessary forms and would just like some advice on what is the best way to apply? Do we fill in all the forms ourselves and contact DIMEA? or is the best practice to go through a migration consultant? if so does anyone have contacts and prices of which agencies we should use?

My last question is also where do we post our CV's? (we have posted it on this website) and all other websites we received from migrationexpert.com require you to have a work visa before you apply.

Suzi

http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#basic004

Have you gotten a positive skills assessment yet? That'll be your first step if you haven't already done so.

A registered migration agent can help ensure your documents are in order, and query DIAC (new name for DIMA) on misguided/inaccurate requests from some DIAC case officers - I have personally had to deal with some of these requests. A registered agent can also advise on other visa matters and assist your journey. Although some people don't necessarily need such service, others are happy to avail themselves to such assistance.

Most online job portals publicly state that all applicants should already have an Australian visa or residency or citizenship. However, if your skills/experience is in demand, you may well just your luck and apply anyway.

Regards

Peter

Hi

I'm not sure how far into the process you are, but if you are going for the Skilled Migration (136) visa, then some of the things you need to do before sending in your application are :

* Getting your skills assessed

* Doing the IELTS english test

* Getting unabridged birth and marriage certificates

If you have'nt done any of the above then thats a good place to start.

Also, it will help to get to know this http://www.immi.gov.au/ website inside and out.

As for using an agent or not, its pretty much a personal decision based on your own circumstances. If you dont have a complicated application then you could do it yourself and save some money, but read more about it here :

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showt...5813entry5813

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showt...8600entry8600

All the best

Gary

Hi

Hoping to get some good advice...

Suzi

If your husband is on th MODL list and can collect the proof required, then I would not bother with agents unless you hate filling in paperwork and will mess it up. It is all in very clear english. Dont bother contacting DIMA, now DIC as tehy will also ignore you until you have parted with some money. I tried this even after sending in the visa application and there was a wait in line after line.

First do the self assesment and keep this as a reference to assist the document list

Be aware that every point claimed will need to be proved

Download the skilled occupations list 1121i.pdf

verify the assesing body for your skill and download the relevant application form

Then download booklet 6 1119.pdf and

general skilled migration application form 47SK.pdf and checklist 136.pdf

download the charges form 990i.pdf

Apply for passports and Full birth and marriage certificates

Wait for the skills assesment to return.

Copy this and certify the copies, you need to send the orignal with the visa application

Having the certified copies could be useful once here.

I scanned all these important docs and put togethere a project plan to keep track

This should keep you busty for a while :)