Advice On Private Schools In North Perth

Gwyn

Hi,

We are new to Northern Perth (7 weeks) - Joondelup area and have had the hard task of trying to find a high school for our oldest son.

When we arrived, we were told that he must move from year 5 to year 7 next year. I was hoping that we would have at least a year or two to settle in, before we had to decide on a high school, but this is not the case.

The schools in our area are Lake Joondelup Baptist College and St. Stephens College - if anyone has had any dealings with these schools or could suggest any other good schools, I would really appreaciate your input. I have looked at other schools, but these two schools seem to stand out more for us.

Thanx

Gwyn

Both those schools are good. You can also try Quinns Baptist College .

Not sure how far you want to travel. Kingsway Cristian College and St Marks and Peter Moyes are also other alternative. Then you have all the Catholic Schools.

You had better get you name down quickly, as you are probably going to fins that you will be a waiting list for next year.

Good Luck

Hi there,

Both those schools are fantastic schools apparently, and you would be very, very, very lucky, if you even can get your child into any of those two, as they have long waiting lists. Apparently most people apply at birth to get their kids in. There is also St. Marks in Hillarys, however, same story, it's almost impossible to get in, but it doesn't hurt to try.

We decided for various reasons against the private/independent school route and have sent our kids to Sorrento Primary School and Duncraig High School respectively. Duncraig Senior High School and Carine Senior High School are both very good public schools here in the Northern Suburbs. Our eldest is doing extremely well at Duncraig - they have academic extension programs for talented and gifted children, which I find really amazing.

Good luck - hope you find the right school for your children and settle in well.

Friends kids go to Joondalup Baptist, they are very happy, think they pay $5000 a year per child as its semi private

Hi there,

Both those schools are fantastic schools apparently, and you would be very, very, very lucky, if you even can get your child into any of those two, as they have long waiting lists. Apparently most people apply at birth to get their kids in. There is also St. Marks in Hillarys, however, same story, it's almost impossible to get in, but it doesn't hurt to try.

We decided for various reasons against the private/independent school route and have sent our kids to Sorrento Primary School and Duncraig High School respectively. Duncraig Senior High School and Carine Senior High School are both very good public schools here in the Northern Suburbs. Our eldest is doing extremely well at Duncraig - they have academic extension programs for talented and gifted children, which I find really amazing.

Good luck - hope you find the right school for your children and settle in well.

Thanx for the info, the problem we have been facing is that we don't have any good government schools in our catchment area, so we have had to go the semi-private/private route. I will however, contact the schools you mentioned & see if that is an option. I have heard that Duncraige Senior High is a good school.

Thanks again for the info :ilikeit:

Gwyn

Hi Gwyn

We are hoping to settle in the Woodvale area so I zoomed in on schools in the area. From what I found on:

http://www.myschool.edu.au/

and

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/search.php?do=process

the Woodvale Senior High and both the Woodvale Primary and Woodvale North Primary look good.

These schools are all public schools. The Woodvale Senior School compares well with Duncraig and Carine Senior High schools. Maybe you should check the catchment area. I contacted the three schools and they all replied that if we are in the catchment area, they HAVE to take us - no waiting list.

We have three kids, and I'm just worried that the fees for a private school can be used to cover so many other unforeseen costs! But I will not compromise on a school, so it must be a good public school. I just wish the senior schools were smaller!!

good luck on the decisions!!

Karin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gwyn

We are hoping to settle in the Woodvale area so I zoomed in on schools in the area. From what I found on:

http://www.myschool.edu.au/

and

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/search.php?do=process

the Woodvale Senior High and both the Woodvale Primary and Woodvale North Primary look good.

These schools are all public schools. The Woodvale Senior School compares well with Duncraig and Carine Senior High schools. Maybe you should check the catchment area. I contacted the three schools and they all replied that if we are in the catchment area, they HAVE to take us - no waiting list.

We have three kids, and I'm just worried that the fees for a private school can be used to cover so many other unforeseen costs! But I will not compromise on a school, so it must be a good public school. I just wish the senior schools were smaller!!

good luck on the decisions!!

Karin

Hi Vaalriver,

Thanx for the info and the sites. I will take a look at them. The area you are wanting to move to is very nice and I have heard that the woodvale school is excellent.

Goodluck for your move.

Gwyn

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

Hi Chocaholic,

I am considering sending my kids to Duncraig, what do they charge pm or per annum?

Stephen

Hi Chocaholic,

I am considering sending my kids to Duncraig, what do they charge pm or per annum?

Stephen

Well, as soon as Duncraig opens I need to enroll my daughter, who knows anything about Hillarys primary school? for my son...

Iceman, are you living in the catchment area for Duncraig? The same with Hillarys primary you need to live in the catchment area. Hillarys and Sorrento Primary are both very good primary schools