Lodging a nomination

Polyanna

My husband has a potential employer in Warwick (Queensland) who is interested in sponsoring us. :ilikeit: He will be choosing to either sponsor us on a 457 or 857 visa. Obviously we would want the 857 (pemanent) visa.

He still has to lodge the nomination at the RCB.

Does anyone know how long they take to certify the nomination? Thereafter, it goes to the Business Centre for assessment. Again, anyone know how long this process takes?

My husband has a potential employer in Warwick (Queensland) who is interested in sponsoring us. :D He will be choosing to either sponsor us on a 457 or 857 visa. Obviously we would want the 857 (pemanent) visa.

He still has to lodge the nomination at the RCB.

Does anyone know how long they take to certify the nomination? Thereafter, it goes to the Business Centre for assessment. Again, anyone know how long this process takes?

I see it is only valid for 6 months which implied it will be quick. Guys here who came on similar sponsorships were here in a matter of months, not like us Skilled independant who wait for a year even on MODL

Timeline show a few months as

http://www.austimeline.com/aus/displayAppResults.jsp

So it is all in the hands of the employer to complete the application as far as I can see on the immi website

;)

if you get 457 it cna be converted quite easily to PR but it is a pain. I reckon get police application forms completed, and get ready to deliver them to Pretoria :ilikeit:

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.

We have booked for our medicals which will be on 7/3/2007 (the earliest he could see us...wow....is he busy or what)? ;) I thought I should prepare to get the medical / PCC done because apparantly to save time, it can be handed in all together with our visa application (we still don't know which visa we are applying for - depends on the employer)

What form do I print out from the immi.gov website for PCC? Do I use form 80 for PCC? :D Another thing I'm not sure about, is the issue surrounding finger prints. Are these to be done at any police station prior to taking the forms through to Pretoria?

Kim

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.

We have booked for our medicals which will be on 7/3/2007 (the earliest he could see us...wow....is he busy or what)? ;) I thought I should prepare to get the medical / PCC done because apparantly to save time, it can be handed in all together with our visa application (we still don't know which visa we are applying for - depends on the employer)

What form do I print out from the immi.gov website for PCC? Do I use form 80 for PCC? :D Another thing I'm not sure about, is the issue surrounding finger prints. Are these to be done at any police station prior to taking the forms through to Pretoria?

Kim

You dont use a immi form for PCC. You must go to your local police station, there you complete the form and have finger prints taken. They will post them to Pretoria, but you can take them to the office and pay there. There was info on to saps.gov.za but it has been removed I think. Then take them to 271 Schoeman St Pta Santam Plaza and pay there. You also collect them ther after 28 working days. I cant rember the form 80 but it says you need it when requested.

Before you go to the doctor he should give you medical request forms for X-Rays. Take the Xrays to the appointment, he needs them. We were lucky. there was a gap and 1 week wait. send me a mail at home and I will tell you who we used. He is near your husbands new office :ilikeit:

Hi Polyanna,

Dr Lingenfelder at Hatmed (Hatfield, Pretoria) is not that busy, I just phoned them and they can give me an appointment tomorrow. I understand that the medicals take about 6 weeks to be processed, so maybe it's a good idea to do the PCC and Medicals at the same time.

We are also waiting for our sponsor, he still needs to be approved as a sponsor... don't know how long that takes?

Was wondering... in our case, we have already applied for the 136 visa and hope to have the 457 visa in the next 8 - 12 weeks. Do they use the same medical tests, PCC's for the 136 visa or do you have to go again for them when in Oz? ;)

Thanks

Tania

if you get 457 it cna be converted quite easily to PR but it is a pain.

Mike

Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as "converting" a 457 to a permanent visa. There is no automatic "graduation" to a permanent visa either. It'll have to be a new application for permanent residence, and there are situations where a person who qualifies for a 457 will not qualify for permanent residence.

Peter

Hi Polyanna,

Dr Lingenfelder at Hatmed (Hatfield, Pretoria) is not that busy, I just phoned them and they can give me an appointment tomorrow. I understand that the medicals take about 6 weeks to be processed, so maybe it's a good idea to do the PCC and Medicals at the same time.

We are also waiting for our sponsor, he still needs to be approved as a sponsor... don't know how long that takes?

Was wondering... in our case, we have already applied for the 136 visa and hope to have the 457 visa in the next 8 - 12 weeks. Do they use the same medical tests, PCC's for the 136 visa or do you have to go again for them when in Oz? ;)

Thanks

Tania

Hi Tania

Thanks for the info regarding the doc.

I will try and see if we can get a quicker appointment. No time to waste :ilikeit:

Have you had a chest x-ray done already? That needs to go with you to the doc.

I'm think you would need to get medicals and PCC again when in Oz (I stand under correction). Perhaps someone who has gone that route can advise.... I'd also like to know. Never thought of that before :D

Where are you going to in Oz?

Good luck with the wait.

Kim

Kim,

Dr E Lingenfelder's tel nr: 012 3627180. I specifically asked the lady about the X-rays, she said that they will sent us for the X-rays, we don't need to travel to a diffent place for them. I suppose it is done in the same building.

As far as I know the meds and PCC's are valid for one year, so I'm sure they will be able to use them for the 136 visa, that is if the case officer is assigned in time.

Our sponsor is in North Sydney.

Tania

Thanks for the telephone number. I have booked for Friday morning. Yes, the x-rays are to be done in the same building, so no running around. We would have had to go to Fourways first for x-rays. A little out of our way ;)

Good luck for tomorrow.

Kim

Thanks for the telephone number. I have booked for Friday morning. Yes, the x-rays are to be done in the same building, so no running around. We would have had to go to Fourways first for x-rays. A little out of our way :D

Good luck for tomorrow.

Kim