Visa fees- when do they come off?

sa2oz

Hello all you wonderfully helpful people out there!

Can anyone advise me as to when the visa fee gets deducted from the credit card? We are applying for an STNI visa to Vic and we couriered our papers through last Wednesday and now we wait.... I remember someone on the forum mentioning that their bank had halted the transaction and I cant find the post. Would be very grateful if someone could please advise.Many thanks

Hi

They deducted our (skilled independent) visa fees when they acknowledged the application (1 and half month after actual receipt in our case).

Their first attempt was unsuccessfull and they emailed us and asked that we fax them through a signed form confirming our credit card detail and that we must confirm with our bank that their is no restriction on the amount of money and no restriction on a foreign transaction. They gave us 7 days to respond otherwise they would return our application.

I phoned my credit card's enquiries number and they confirmed there was no restriction. After I faxed through the signed copy the money was deducted (ouch) that same day and we received acknowledgement papers through email. Still paying off my credit card, but at least that is one less hurdle to pass.

Regards

Emma

I remember someone on the forum mentioning that their bank had halted the transaction and I cant find the post. Would be very grateful if someone could please advise.Many thanks

Hi

Here's the post you may have been referring to.

Good luck with your application

Cindylou