Perth Suburbs

Hanlie

Hallo

Our application for a 457 Visa was lodged last week and we are going for medicals next week. I have been trying to search on the web for suburbs in Perth and good public schools but don't know which direction to take. We will be renting the first 6 - 12 months but I don't want to enroll the children in a school and then having to move them again after we decide on a suburb to live in. I went into the property pages but still does not have a clue.

The deciding factors in choosing a suburb is there should be good primary and secondary schools, if possible near the beach/waterfront. it does not have to be in Perth but not further away than 70 km's.

We are staying in Lynnwood, Pretoria and about 5 min from shopping and schools. I know we won't have the same situation there but I will trade in anything just to know feel safe again.

Thanks in advance for the help and support. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Also would it matter that the children has missed the first semester in school?

Regards

Hanlie.

Hi Hanlie,

The easiest reference for Perth suburbs that I have found is: Aussie Move

It gives a nice profile for each suburb. The prices are probably a bit old though. Remember that property prices in Perth are going up pretty fast.

Two other useful sites ito property are:

http://www.realestate.com.au/ (it has a map for each property listed - this really helps to orientant yourself.

and

http://www.reiwa.com.au This is the Real Estate institue and has lots of useful stuff.

As far as schools go, we had no trouble fitting our 8 year old into a school in mid term - the Aussies have been nothing but accommodating and helpful in getting us settled in.

HTH,

Cliff

Hi Hanlie,

Die groot debat sal wees oor jy noord of suid gaan bly. Dis nou noord van die rivier of suid. Ons bly noord waar daar huidiglik geweldige ontwikkeling is. Dit is ook baie gewild onder SA'ners. Ongelukkig vir 'n redelike bekostigbare plek naby die see sal jy so 30-40km uit die stad moet bly, maar daar is goeie toegang tot die treinlyn na die stad. Suid is baie ouer. Hulle is besig met die treinlyn suid wat toegang ook makliker sal maak, maar die sal seker eers teen die einde van die jaar klaar wees.

I.v.m skole: Kyk julle na privaat of Staat?

Hi Hanlie,

Die groot debat sal wees oor jy noord of suid gaan bly. Dis nou noord van die rivier of suid. Ons bly noord waar daar huidiglik geweldige ontwikkeling is. Dit is ook baie gewild onder SA'ners. Ongelukkig vir 'n redelike bekostigbare plek naby die see sal jy so 30-40km uit die stad moet bly, maar daar is goeie toegang tot die treinlyn na die stad. Suid is baie ouer. Hulle is besig met die treinlyn suid wat toegang ook makliker sal maak, maar die sal seker eers teen die einde van die jaar klaar wees.

I.v.m skole: Kyk julle na privaat of Staat?

Hi Hanlie

My man het vanoggend gehoor hy het werk in Perth. Ons het twee seuntjies, 3 jr en 20 maande en bly in Irene. Ons wonder oor dieselfde dinge as julle?? Waar om te bly,skole ens. My man gaan in die suide werk, glo naby die dieretuin. Kan enige iemand dalk vir ons laat weet watter areas is nice, en nie te ver van die dieretuin af nie??? Hoe ver is julle aansoek? Wanneer dink jy gaan julle gaan??

Tanya

Liewe Tjaart en Tanya,

Vandag is 'n dag van absolute great news vir so baie forum lede!

Baie geluk met julle nuus en die werksaanbod in Perth!

Ek is so bly vir julle en ek weet hoe hard julle gewerk het om hierby uit te kom!

Baie sterkte met al die voorbereidings en planne :) . Hou ons asb. op hoogte :ilikeit: . Ons sien uit om julle ervarings saam met julle te deel :ilikeit: !

Nogmaals geluk! ;)

Groete, Pippa! X

Tanya

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

:ilikeit::);):unsure::whome::blink::blink::ph34r::holy::lol:

I have sent you a mail :ilikeit:

Good luck

Gaille

Hi Hanlie,

Congratulations. I have been living in Perth for just over 7 years now. Please feel free to email or PM

me with any queries that you might have. I live north of the river (where most South Africans settle)

The Afrikaans churches are north of the river if thats of interest to you. But as you have been advised

rent first for at least 6- 12 months before you buy. :ilikeit:

Cheers

Enrica

Hallo

Our medicals was received today 5 March in Sydney. On a 457 visa application how long does it take after they received the medicals?

My husband went in November and he was impressed with the northern suburbs, Hillary is too expensive for us. A few names of suburbs would be appreciated. Anything with a nice country feeling, big trees, schools and shopping centres. Churches should also be close by. Maybe Padbury. I went onto the Aussiemove website but most of the suburbs does not have photos.

Would we be able to enroll the children in a school when it is school holidays? If they battle with English would they get assistance in school?

Does anybody know something about Mandurah? I went on the Mandurah website and really loved it. We are watersport crazy so anything near the water would be fantastic. :blush::hug:

Regards

Hanlie

Dear Hanlie

Should not be too long before you get your visas.

Firstly Mandurah is way South of Perth about 100kms.

Suburbs North of the River - beachside suburbs are expensive unless you are prepared to travel

further north ie Quinns Rock or Jindalee.

Padbury/Kingsley/Greenwood/Woodvale they are are considered secondary beachside suburbs. A 5-15 minute drive to the beach. They are older established suburbs , so they have beautiful mature tree- unlike the new suburbs which have little or no trees.

The Afrikaans Church is in Mindarie and there is one in North beach as well.

Regarding schools, the Admin offices normal open a day or 2 before the students go back, But even if you enrol them on the day, the Australians are quite relaxed (talking about Government Schools).

Most goverment schools had a special ed department depending on the size of the school, but if your kids battle with English you might want to consider extra English lessons for them when you arrive- depending on their ages etc.

Start communicating in English at home as soon as possible, so that it is not to much for them to have to cope with.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers

Enrica

Hi Hanlie.Geluk man ek is baie bly vir julle part.Jul is seker baie opgewonde ne?Sterkte met jul reelings verder :ilikeit: Ursula