Information Required About Bunbury

Mynhardt

Hi

We live in Melbourne for the past 18 months and plan to move to Bunbury in the near future. We are actually Afrikaans speaking South Africans and would appreciate any information with regards to Bunbury and the schools. We have a 4 year old son, which I believe will have to attend Prep next year. If anybody can suggest good neighbourhoods or any information it will be greatly appreciated.

As you all know it is a big thing to move house, but we look forward to the new adventure.

Thank you for any reply.

Regards

Mynhardt Claassens

Hi

We live in Melbourne for the past 18 months and plan to move to Bunbury in the near future. We are actually Afrikaans speaking South Africans and would appreciate any information with regards to Bunbury and the schools. We have a 4 year old son, which I believe will have to attend Prep next year. If anybody can suggest good neighbourhoods or any information it will be greatly appreciated.

As you all know it is a big thing to move house, but we look forward to the new adventure.

Thank you for any reply.

Regards

Mynhardt Claassens

Hello Mynhardt

My brother in law and his wife have been living in Bunbury for 4 years. They love it there. It seems to be growing fast but is still a fairly small coastal town. I will ask them for some info. He works for a power company and there are a few South Africans with young families that they know. The suburb they live in is called Australind - seems to be all new houses. Will post when they get back to me. Cheers K

Hello

This is the info they have given me re Bunbury. It is their opinion.

Bunbury is our main CBD - the only area that I've heard of to avoid is "Carey Park" - the rest of the smaller towns around Bunbury are pretty nice - Eaton; Treendale; Australind and Dalyellup (this one is know as "Small SA" - there are approx 1500 South Africans families that live there, there's sure to be a friend of a friend that knows a friend - very tight knit SA community). As to the schools - each town has a little suburbs i.e. - we fall under Australind, but where we live is an estate called Kingston - there is a school in the middle of the estate "Kingston Junior" - just up the road is another school " Australind Catholic Academy" - about 1.5km in the other direction are another 3 schools rangeing from Junior to Senior - so there is no shortage of schools in each area. Go online and type in "Schools in and around Bunbury” come across a forum, with people’s views of Bunbury and why it's such a great place to live and bring children up in.

Hope this helpls and all the best with the move.

K

Hello

This is the info they have given me re Bunbury. It is their opinion.

Bunbury is our main CBD - the only area that I've heard of to avoid is "Carey Park" - the rest of the smaller towns around Bunbury are pretty nice - Eaton; Treendale; Australind and Dalyellup (this one is know as "Small SA" - there are approx 1500 South Africans families that live there, there's sure to be a friend of a friend that knows a friend - very tight knit SA community). As to the schools - each town has a little suburbs i.e. - we fall under Australind, but where we live is an estate called Kingston - there is a school in the middle of the estate "Kingston Junior" - just up the road is another school " Australind Catholic Academy" - about 1.5km in the other direction are another 3 schools rangeing from Junior to Senior - so there is no shortage of schools in each area. Go online and type in "Schools in and around Bunbury” come across a forum, with people’s views of Bunbury and why it's such a great place to live and bring children up in.

Hope this helpls and all the best with the move.

K

Hi K

Thank you so much for all the information. It sounds like a great place, especially for our 4 year old son.

Regards Mynhardt

Hallo Mynhardt, my seun en sy vrou en seuntjie (amper 3 en die 2de enetjie op pad) bly nou al vir meer as 4 jaar in Bunbury. Hulle het huisgekoop in Australind. Soos hier bo genoem is daar heelwat Suid Afrikaners en heelwat Afrikaans sprekende Suid Afrikaners. Ek is seker julle gaan baie lekker daar bly, veral as jy van 4x4 op die strand, bootry, visvang en braai hou.

In Bunbury ry mens sommer tjoef tjaf op die strand van die pad af en doen jou ding. Die water is so bietjie koud maar pragtig blou. Toe ons daar was het die dolfyne sommer so om mens gespeel.

Hallo Mynhardt, my seun en sy vrou en seuntjie (amper 3 en die 2de enetjie op pad) bly nou al vir meer as 4 jaar in Bunbury. Hulle het huisgekoop in Australind. Soos hier bo genoem is daar heelwat Suid Afrikaners en heelwat Afrikaans sprekende Suid Afrikaners. Ek is seker julle gaan baie lekker daar bly, veral as jy van 4x4 op die strand, bootry, visvang en braai hou.

In Bunbury ry mens sommer tjoef tjaf op die strand van die pad af en doen jou ding. Die water is so bietjie koud maar pragtig blou. Toe ons daar was het die dolfyne sommer so om mens gespeel.

Baie dankie en ja ons geniet al die bogenoemde. Sien uit om met meer Suid Afrikaners te meng. Ons sien uit om soontoe te trek. Ek vlieg Maandag op

Perh toe om met die maatskappy te gesels wat in my dienste belangstel.Melbourne is regtig n great plek, maar die weer is nie vir ons nie, te wisselvallig en koud, maar hier is baie om te doen. Warm weer is wat ons van hou en strand lewe.

Archived