Voyager Miles

blessings

Can anyone please tell me how does this voyager miles thing work? Through who do you apply to be able to start earning miles? Airline or bank? I want to book our tickets through IOM and thought maybe we can earn some points?

Here is a link to the Qantas version of frequent flyer program.

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/program/welcome

You will see there is a link to partners, if you spend with the partners you will also earn points.

Each airline will be different in the detail, but basically the same.

The first thing is to register with the airline you intend to fly with.

My experience is that it's easy to get points, but hard to redeem.

I have enough points to get 2 round the world first class tickets, but there never seem to be seats available when I want to redeem the points.

That's a bummer!! Can anyone tell me for certain cause as far as I understand if you book through IOM you fly with Quantas. I really want to book through IOM seeing that they are much cheaper!!

Airlines award frequent flyer miles based on the fare class of the ticket booked. Usually heavily discounted fare classes may earn only 50% of normal miles or even none at all!! It is best to go on to each airlines' website and do a little investigation. It used to be very easy to earn miles but as it is a type of currency airlines have cut down miles awarded in economy class.

I also thought IOM used Qantas.

So join Qantas' frequent flyer program, what's the downside? None, if you can get your points, well you've joined up already, if you can't, well tough.

At least you are a Qantas' frequent flyer, you're more likely to use them once you're in Australia.

I also thought IOM used Qantas.

So join Qantas' frequent flyer program, what's the downside? None, if you can get your points, well you've joined up already, if you can't, well tough.

At least you are a Qantas' frequent flyer, you're more likely to use them once you're in Australia.

Good point!!

Archived