457 visa

LiezelM

Hi!

I have seen previous posts where people have noted that their application took 4 -6 weeks, one of my friends waited 8 weeks, and recently I've heard that there are delays and that it will take 12 weeks :ilikeit:

I would like to know, does the above time periods include the sponsorship, nomination & visa applications?

I would really appreciate some feedback on this ;)

Thanks a mill!

Liezel

Hi Liezel

Well I am one one of those people that applied on the 11 january for the 457 visa and nothing yet. Basically what is delaying our is that require further xrays from my hubby. But I also got an email from my case officer this morning and she said that there is a delay as most 457 visa are now being processed between 8 and 12 weeks and said we must be patient. So thats about 3 months and my hubby suppose to start work in early february already. But what i have done is sent that email my hubby's future employer so that they can see the delay is on the departments side and not ours!

hope this helps

regards

frenchie

Hi!

I have seen previous posts where people have noted that their application took 4 -6 weeks, one of my friends waited 8 weeks, and recently I've heard that there are delays and that it will take 12 weeks :ilikeit:

I would like to know, does the above time periods include the sponsorship, nomination & visa applications?

I would really appreciate some feedback on this ;)

Thanks a mill!

Liezel

Hi Frenchie!

Thanks for the fast reply ;)

That's a long time, I was supposed to start in April already. Does this timeline include the sponsorship and nomination applications that your husband's company had to submit?

Hi LiezelM

When you say you had to start in April, is that this year or last year? And no it was only for the visa application. The nomination and sponsorship took about 3 weeks in total. They submitted it sometime in December. What part of OZ are you heading to?

Hi Frenchie!

Thanks for the fast reply ;)

That's a long time, I was supposed to start in April already. Does this timeline include the sponsorship and nomination applications that your husband's company had to submit?

Hey!

This year. I got the job just before Christmas, they got all their paper work together in January, submitted the applications 2 weeks ago, but did it on paper, not online, which means I have to wait for them to get their sponsorship # before I apply for my visa :ilikeit:

So, the visa alone will take 3 months??? Was the nomination & sponsorship online or paper on your side?

We're on our way to Sydney ;) My mother in law stays there already, so at least have family there. You? Where are you headed?

Hi Liezel

The company recruited a Migration Agent who assisted them with the forms. It was done on paper as well. I dont think you can do it online.

I cannot say for sure how long your visa application will take! Some people experience miracles and get it in like 4 weeks so maybe you should hope and pray you do too!

What sore of work do you do? Glad you have family as it always helps. I have a sister who left last year for Melbourne, she is a nurse. I have also got an UNCLE who works for the government in Canberra and he has been a citizen for almost 20 years and other distant family. We are headed to BRISBANE!! So I wont be near to any of my family but they are at least a drive or flight away!!

Hey!

This year. I got the job just before Christmas, they got all their paper work together in January, submitted the applications 2 weeks ago, but did it on paper, not online, which means I have to wait for them to get their sponsorship # before I apply for my visa :D

So, the visa alone will take 3 months??? Was the nomination & sponsorship online or paper on your side?

We're on our way to Sydney ;) My mother in law stays there already, so at least have family there. You? Where are you headed?

I see. You can do it online, but maybe it's easier for the companies to get the paperwork together manually, I'm not sure. :whome:

I wish we could get it that soon, but I did some more research, and there are definitely more delays with the visa, saying that it will take up to 3 months just for the visa application, so, unfortunately we'll just have to wait :blush:

Brisbane seems very nice as well, and yes, at least family visits are n option :whome: I'm in FMCG Market Research, yourself?