Sydney CBD hotels

Springbok

Hi everyone

I had a look at www.wotif.com and have these 3 hotels on my shortlist for my visit next month:

Avillion Hotel (Pitt Street)

The Grace Hotel (York Street)

Amora Hotel Jamison (Jamison Street)

Which one would you guys recommend?

Thanks

Charl

Hi Charl,

Looking in the UBD, I would suggest The Grace in York Street. My suggestion is based purely on it being most central to just about everything in the city. I was unable to find Amora Hotel Jamison in the UBD (in the hotels section not under A or J or H).

I suggest you also look at the number of stars the hotels have. The number of stars do definitely make a difference and it is often worth paying slightly more for a higher star rating.

SAS

Hi Charl

I agree with SASydneysider - look at the location of each hotel. That's most important. The area in which The Grace is situated is a very good area very central to all you'd want to see within the city. It's close to Circular Quays too - here you get all the ferries, trains, buses etc. - as far as what I can remember, York Street is also close to Darling Harbour.

You can catch the Sydney Explorer (also the Bondi Explorer) from Circular Quays - it gives you a great bird's eye view of Sydney and you can hop on/hop off at any of the stopping points on the bus tour. There's a bus every half hour or so. The Bondi Explorer bus explores the nearest beaches situated around Sydney.

Another hotel you may want to consider is the Travelodge Wynyard, also in York Street, Sydney. We stayed there on our LSD - fabulous location and great service - it was part of our travel package. You're also about a block away from Wynyard underground station where you can catch trains out to the suburbs.

Good luck with the decision!

Liza ;)

Thanks for your suggestions SAS and Liza,

The Travelodge Wynyard requires minimum 4 nights stay and The Grace seem to be the highest rated (# 11) affordable and centrally-located hotel at Tripadvisor.com.

So I'll settle for The Grace then - will let you know how it was in a month's time!

Charl

Hi Springbok,

The Travelodge Wynyard requires minimum 4 nights stay

My husband and I will be staying at the Travelodge Wynyard for 3 nights from 29 March (check-in) - 1 April (check-out), but we booked in January 2007 already. Not sure why the minimum 4 night stay was not required at the time of our booking ;) .

Enjoy your trip!

Bye, Pippa! X