Unabridged Birth Certificate Blues

juanz

After four months of waiting for the all important Unabridged Birth Certificates and with still no answer from when yours will arrive. I have the solution: by contacting Home Affairs in PTA personally, therefore bypassing your local H/ :rolleyes: A. It may take you a week of phoning every hour on the hour before getting through. However, once you through to an official you will get helped quickly.

Home Affairs PTA (012) 8106439

There are all sort of administrative problems in H/A departments and therefore this number may save you months.

Juan

I agree. My husband and my own unabridge birth certificates arrived within 2 months, but after being told by home affairs to re-apply twice and still not receiving it after a year, I phoned them every day and they got so "gatvol" that they gave me the number in Preoria to phone. I received the kids birth certificates 3 days later. There is some light in the tunnel called home affairs.

Hi All

We applied for our birth certificates and got it in 2 months, but my daughters birth certificate was wrong. :hug: They issued it twice with the wrong details. After 6 months i got the correct certificate. According to HA it was 'n computer problem. ;)

Nothing you can do just try to stay calm.

Thank goodness i dont have to deal with them again (I Hope)