ROTTNEST ISLAND

Lindy-Lee

Rottnest Island is a stunning Island just off the coast of Perth. Day trips can be done or accodation is available for holidays...but be warned...book in advance (like in a year or more) and don't go when the Schoolies are there. ;)

For more info on what's there is to do (and there is lots...cycling, swimming, snorkeling, walking, bustrip around island, boat trips etc etc etc):

ROTTNEST ISLAND

Skyline of Perth from the island

100_2792.jpg

Water cycles you can hire

100_2797.jpg

Quokka

100_2809.jpg

Quokka was drinking water out of my husbands hand.....cute :ilikeit:

100_2813.jpg

Aerial photo of island

100_2826.jpg

Lindy-Lee

:lol:

Aah,

I remember Rottnest Island. I visited Australia on business trip in 1993. My 2 main memories of that trip as far as Australia is concerned were those huge trees outside of Perth and this island.

We just pitched up at the docks the one morning and looked at those huge ships carrying sheep to Arabia (one held 50 000 and the other 110 000 we were told). We then went to catch the ferry going to Rottnest (a name given by the Dutch when they mistook the local marsupials for rats) and I remember the absolute clarity of the water so well. We rented bicycles and covered the island. If I remember correctly the island is 8 x 12 km or something like that. We even saw a small inland salt pan and I also remember the distinct vegetation. There was also a small Aboriginal graveyard if I remember right.

Then there was also this boat we went on, with a deck below water level, almost like a glass cage, so one can look at the fish underwater.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Jaco