Diesel Mechanic Looking For Work

Jill

Hi

We have a friend who lives in the UK who is desperately seeking work, he would need a 457 visa and is a very qualified Diesel Mechanic with tickets in welding etc....his wife is a nurse and has sent all her papers to the nursing council for verifying or whatever they do, but it is taking so long and they want to get here as soon as possible.

Any one know of work going where he can get a 457...any help or advice would be much appreciated..

Thanks Jill

Hi there

My hubbie is a diesel mechanic , it took him 6 weeks to find a job.

Diesel mechanic positions are fairly plentiful in Australia , especially John Deere mechanics , if your friend has agricultural experience , and John Deere I have a direct contact who is looking for people .

Otherwise , get the resume up to date Australianise (sp) use a professional company its expensive but worth every penny , and start sending it with a good cover letter to every vacancy u see ,

Seek.com.au & and nab that job are two that come to mind , u can also just google .....

Have they done the skills assessment and practical yet ? (vetasses). Let me know , and ill scrounge up other contacts .

If he has light vehicle dealership experience I might be able to help in regional SA

Archived