Our dogs have arrived

The Parsons Family

Our dogs have finally arrived in Australia! ;) They have been in quarantine in Keringa for three and a half months and landed in Perth this morning.

We went to visit them this afternoon and they are full of beans and very happy. The Byford quarantine staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We are now counting the sleeps until they are FREE, 104 sleeps to go :ilikeit: .

We are so relieved that they are here and that we can visit and play with them regularly.

For those of you considering bringing your "babies" over, do it, both Keringa and Byford look after them very well.

Lawrence and Gaille

Bly vir julle maar ek moet se al wat my pla is dat hul nie tyd het om honde elke dag uit te vat nie asgevolg van te min staaf soos in K [Johannesburg]word hul elke dag vir langer as n uur gevat vir speel en stappies en dis op lekker groen gras oral.Ons was daar en dit lyk soos n paradys en hier wat my ook pla is daar is niks gras nerens nie net bos en klippe, grond .Ek sou defnitief my honde met geruste hart oorgebring het as dit dieselfde opset was as Karinga maar dit is nie .Dis maar my opinie. Albert.

YAY!! So excited for you Larry & Gaille!!

I am sure Nicci & Jodi are going to be very spoilt and probably loved all the attention.

What was the reunion like. Did they immediately recognise you or dit it take a while to sink in? Leo immediately knew who we were, but Ruby took a while to click who we were. Did you have similar experience?

No you can relax, your babies are close by and before you know it they will be with you.

Luv

D

Thanks Dedrei

We had exacty the same thing happen to us, Jodi recognised us immediately but Nicci took a couple of seconds but when she did all hell broke loose.

They were thrilled to see us. The visiting area is very different to the one at Keringa but they loved playing in the sand.

The girls that work at Byford were very professional and are already smitten with my two. My gilrs have definitely worked out how to work the system.

I am just relieved to have them close by and to know that they remember us, 7 months is a long time not to see your "parents".

From a thrilled pet owner

Gaille

Our First Day on Australian Soil

Edited by The Parsons Family

Sjoe mense is aanvalend. Ek het nie probeer snaaks wees of sarkasties wees nie regtig maar net my mening gelig soos al die ander mense op forum wel mag doen G.Ons is net so lief vir ons Kinderdiere en vlieg volgende naweek net om ons honde te gaan sien [ 20duisend rand] verder en elkeen besluit soos hy voel is goed vir hul diere .Ek ken my honde en weet wat is goed vir hulle en dis om op een plek te bly.Van n 'thrilled' pet owner wat as ouers sy diere vir 3 maande nie sien nie maar volgende week vir n week gaan sien en na 2 maande weer gaan sien. ALBERT.

Ok, now I'm totally confused, I have read and re-read my wife's postings, nowhere can I see any statement or comment that can remotely be construed as "aanvalend".

The objective of the posting was to express our hapiness at our reunion with OUR pets and to share OUR experience and allow other "forumites" to see all sides of the story, affording them the opportunity to make informed decisions regarding their pets.

I would suggest that you re-read the comments and postings made and reconsider your attack on my wife's postings.

Lawrence

Ek is nie gister gebore nie,lees hoe intrepuneer sy terug op n mens se mail ek het in my 1ste boodskap gese bly vir julle en toe my opinie gegee oor kwarentein en dis dit .Relax :rolleyes: asb ek baklei nie ek kan nes jul ook my mening lig en se wat ek dink en voel nie waar nie . ALBERT

Right, enough of this nonsense! I hope that this is over and we can move on.

My "babies" are here, they are happy and healthy (even though we had a bit of scare with Jodi two days before they arrived) and I am thrilled. :rolleyes: They were well-looked after in Keringa as I am sure they will be in Byford.

Gaille :)

Hi Parsons family

I am so glad for you guys. Congrats. :D

We still need to go over that hurdle. :( We are still in SA,and only recently got all needed details for our babies quarintine. Luckily, Dedrei made me feel so relaxed, convincing me they'll be in good hands.

Please keep us updated on their progress. It would be so kind. What dogs do u have?

Anyways, good luck with the rest of the days left :rolleyes: Sure they'll be fine.

From another pet lover.

Right, enough of this nonsense! I hope that this is over and we can move on.

My "babies" are here, they are happy and healthy (even though we had a bit of scare with Jodi two days before they arrived) and I am thrilled. :) They were well-looked after in Keringa as I am sure they will be in Byford.

Gaille :)

Hi Chantelle

It is a rather lengthy process but well worth it, Deidre also made us feel better about the whole thing.

We have a Jack Russell and a Jack Russell x Spaniel. 102 sleeps to go!

Where will you be moving to in Australia?

Cheers

Gaille

Hi Gaille.

Glad your babies are close to you. :hug: Is it possible for you to give me some idee of what it will cost to bring over my 2 doggies.

Thanks

Regards

Sheila2oz

Hi Parsons Family

Those few days left for your babies will go by very fast. Good luck. :hug:

I have 3 basset hounds and they are the love of our lives. :ilikeit:

We are looking at going toward Victoria's side. Not really sure yet. Only decided recently that we want to make the move. We also have lots of friends and family that's gone over in the past few years.

The first thing I did was to find out about the quarintine for our babies. ;) So from there we will make more decisions.

Have a fab day.

Chantelle

Hi Sheila

Hope you're well. Hope you don't mind if I jump into that question of the costs?

We are also still in SA and I received a quote about 3 weeks ago from Keringa for the quarintine for our babies.

The quarintine period from sa to auz is in total 7 months. Of the 7 it has to be 3 months in SA and 1 in Auz. It's for you to decide. But Keringa really seems like a fantastic place. So we decided on 6 months this side, and one month that side. :ph34r:

For my 3 babies, basset hounds, it is about R60 000. That includes quarintine, permits, inspection fees. Then it's an additional R18 000 for the flight from JHB to Perth. :ilikeit: And that doesn't include the 1 month cost in Auz. I still need to get a quote on that. It's a lot of money, but in the end it's all worth it.

After all, they're our best friends. :hug:

If you don't have Keringa's number, 011 976 3030

Hope I helped you on that one.

Keep well

Chantelle

Hi Gaille.

Glad your babies are close to you. ;) Is it possible for you to give me some idee of what it will cost to bring over my 2 doggies.

Thanks

Regards

Sheila2oz

Hi Chantelle

Thanks for the reply and the detail of costs. I will think about it. I already have good homes for them, if they stay behind.

Thanks anyway. :hug:

Sheila2oz