Commissioner of oaths

Andre & Stephnie van Diemen

Hi!

We have finally received all our documents ;) , after waiting four months for my daughter’s passport due to home affairs experiencing a ‘technical error’, and are ready to send in our application. Apparently they do not accept documents that have been certified by the SAP? Does anyone know if we can have the documents certified at the bank? Don’t really see the need to pay a lawyer.

Thank you

Andre & Stephnie

Hi

I had some documents certified by the bank but I also had some cetified by the principal of the local school...

Hope that helps

Gaille

Edited by The Parsons Family

I see you are in Centurion. I just walked into the offices of an attorney I used a few years back when I had some trouble when a house sale that went screwy. I greeted the lady at the desk, who sat me down in a little conference room and one of the asisstants came in an certified my paperwork. They never even asked for my name or details and charged no money. I asked her about this and she said they do it all the time, and is the one free service hey give.

The atorney's name is Corrie de Jager, but I cannot remember his partner's name, the offices are in the street where Fruit & Veg was before they moved into the Mall (same block as Ocean Basket, FNB etc.)

Just go in and ask them to certify your copies for you - take a big smile and 'blink ogies' with you.

jaco

Edited by JacoE

Sounds like Snyman de Jager ... thanks for the tip!

(I actually hate those attorneys, the screwed up a house sale big time a couple of years ago ... so maybe this is a good way to get something back from them ;) )

Thanks Jaco!

Apparently they do not accept documents that have been certified by the SAP? Does anyone know if we can have the documents certified at the bank? Don’t really see the need to pay a lawyer.

Hi guys

All my documents, for my skills assessment and my PR application were certified by the SAPS, and I have not had any problems.

Regards,

Scott

My skills assessment documents were also certified by SAP, but I've read this somewhere else ... would rather not take a chance and cause a delay in the wait ...

But would like to hear from anyone else who have certified documents by SAP ... ?

Hi everybody!!

Thank you for the amazing response!!!! :ilikeit: I also thought about maybe just trying the police, but like you said, not willing to take the risk of them rejecting it and delaying the application further. These past couple of months has been torture trying to get my daughter's passport out of Home Affairs, and we were so scared Andre's employer would get fed up with waiting.

Thanks Jaco, will definitely try the lawyer!! If the smile doesn't work, we'll just have to try plan B... :lol:

Thank you!!!

Sounds like Snyman de Jager ... thanks for the tip!

(I actually hate those attorneys, the screwed up a house sale big time a couple of years ago ... so maybe this is a good way to get something back from them :ilikeit: )

Thanks Jaco!

I actually had some great help from them, and didn't cost me a cent. Just goes to show, nobody's perfect and nobody's completely rotten.

These past couple of months has been torture trying to get my daughter's passport out of Home Affairs, and we were so scared Andre's employer would get fed up with waiting.

I applied for our family's passports at the end of November last year and they were ready when I got back from holiday this year except for the 2 boys'. They are having a major hassle with the childrens passports according to Regi-Serve, but I was also told that experience has taught them that once the problem is sold thay (Home Affiars) catch up pretty quickly.

Jaco

I can also confirm that the principal of a local high school certified documents for us a couple of years back and it was at no charge either

:ilikeit:

I applied for our family's passports at the end of November last year and they were ready when I got back from holiday this year except for the 2 boys'. They are having a major hassle with the childrens passports according to Regi-Serve, but I was also told that experience has taught them that once the problem is sold thay (Home Affiars) catch up pretty quickly.

Jaco

mmm...

My youngest was born 28 Aug last year, and I got his birth certificate as well as unabridged copy within 3 or 4 weeks.

Also when applying for the passports Nov last year I had to apply for unabridged birth certificates for the older two as well the unabridged marriage certificate and they were also done within 6 weeks or so from Nov '06 to Dec '07.

I don't suppose it matters all that much as long as the problem has ben sorted out.

jaco

My skills assessment documents were also certified by SAP, but I've read this somewhere else ... would rather not take a chance and cause a delay in the wait ...

But would like to hear from anyone else who have certified documents by SAP ... ?

DIMA or DIC dont mid SAP certification.

Skills. Nursing council say dont use police

From the immi website

"Certify mean authorised or stamped true copies of originals by a person or agency recognised by the law of your country"

In Australia Justice of the peace or Commisioner for declarations

In RSA

A bank by law has one of these

Church ministers

Police

Lawyers

Some school principals

A clerk of the court

In theory the postmaster, but we had difficulty in finding compliant persons

We used ALL of these at some stage apart from SAP for nursing and post office

I was informed by the NIA today that I must submit 'certified copies' of all the items of which I 'did' provide certified copies ... Problem is, I had them certified by the SAPS

So, to my dismay, it seems the NIA does not accept SAPS as a valid commissioner of oaths...

'Eish' - the 'law' just isnt the law in this country anymore !

Will have to have everything re-certified, by lawyer, minister, or whichever and re-submit. 2 Months wasted !

TjaartvdW

Andre, Stephnie

It is my understanding that you will not have to pay any lawyer fees for certifying paperwork. I believe that it forms part of their service and they have to comply to some Code or other that they abide to. I've had amounts of paperwork certified and not once have I been asked a charging fee. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Carlos

I was informed by the NIA today that I must submit 'certified copies' of all the items of which I 'did' provide certified copies ... Problem is, I had them certified by the SAPS

So, to my dismay, it seems the NIA does not accept SAPS as a valid commissioner of oaths...

'Eish' - the 'law' just isnt the law in this country anymore !

Will have to have everything re-certified, by lawyer, minister, or whichever and re-submit. 2 Months wasted !

TjaartvdW

Not as bad as that. Generally if more they have a file and are just requesting something minor, you dont start over again, they pick up from where you left off. I am talking about the three units I have had to deal with, but I think it is human nature as well as logical to do this.

I went to the NIA website on this page

http://www.nia.com.au/category.asp?categoryID=923

Then on the question who can certify the documents

http://www.nia.com.au/category.asp?categoryID=923&page=#Ans5

it says Police. SO I would take it up with them and refer them to their own rules. (OR is it just SAPS)

In the case of nursing, it specifically says dont do this.

Clerk of the court is good

Carlos is right. I used lawyers, bank officials and no costs

Andre, Stephnie

It is my understanding that you will not have to pay any lawyer fees for certifying paperwork. I believe that it forms part of their service and they have to comply to some Code or other that they abide to. I've had amounts of paperwork certified and not once have I been asked a charging fee. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos

I had no idea! Thanks for the info! :ilikeit:

AEI-NOOSR accepted all my certified copies done at the SAP. The problem I had with the SAP was that they found it very hard work to sign and stamp EVERY page I put before them..... :unsure:

And the 138 visa states copied can be certified by a person/agency recognised as the law of the country.

Tracy