Moving To Brisbane In September

Madie

Hi every one

I got a job in Brisbane and should start working around 12 September. We need some advise regarding good suburbs that was not affected by the floods and close to public transport, and have nice views (doesn't have to be close to the CBD). Preferably village life style and family orientated. Any advise will be appreciated.

If any one know somebody renting a room for about 3 months, as I will come alone at first, as my husband will need to finish renovations at our current house in Sydney.

Thanks

Madie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi every one

I got a job in Brisbane and should start working around 12 September. We need some advise regarding good suburbs that was not affected by the floods and close to public transport, and have nice views (doesn't have to be close to the CBD). Preferably village life style and family orientated. Any advise will be appreciated.

If any one know somebody renting a room for about 3 months, as I will come alone at first, as my husband will need to finish renovations at our current house in Sydney.

Thanks

Madie

We're in North Lakes and loving it. Schools great, everything you need is here, big Westfield S/C, on the bus route etc. Very pretty surroundings - lots of cycle tracks etc.

We are in Everton Hills - lovely family area :ilikeit:

Other areas you might consider are: The Gap, Samford, Albany Creek, Ferny Hills, Mcdowell - they all are great for families and have numerous parks.

All these are close to shops, schools, public transport.

Good luck :ilikeit:

Hi Madie,

Only about 3% of Brisbane was affected by the flood so even though you should check the flood maps if living near the river even most people living near the river were unaffected directly. Life went on as normal in most suburbs of Brisbane during the flood and it wasn't even raining that day - I even got sunburnt :(

Brisbane doesn't have any real "villages" but does have some suburbs/areas that are based around a central shopping street that make it feel more like a village community.

Some are trendy inner city places (e.g. Bulimba, New Farm, Rosalie, Paddington etc) and some are semi-rural (e.g. Samford Village). Depends on what you are looking for as both can offer parks, family friendly, schools etc?

Also, a brand new area with a couple of South Africans around is Springfield lakes. Awesome houses, brand new, for excellent rental rates. Stunning new schools, big shopping mall, etc. www.realestate.com.au then list Springfield Lakes.

Archived