Flights To Adelaide

Journeyman

I am looking for flights to Adelaide for Feb 2012 from Harare. I am considering booking through IOM. How is the quality of service on SAA flight through Perth to Adelaide compared to the Qantas flight through Sydney? Can you specify to IOM which route you want?

At Sydney or Perth Airport, do you have to carry your bags on the terminal tranfer bus from the international terminal to domestic termial?

I am not sure who they use with regards to their domestic flights between Sydney and Adelaide and Sydney and Perth , but would assume that it is Qantas.

The difference would be the flyin g time between the 2 . Sydney to Adelaide is shorter than Perth to Adelaide.

In both instances you need top clear your luggage at Sydney and at Perth Airport and transfer to the domestic terminal , it cannot be interlined.

Regards

Enrica

When you fly via Perth you will fly SAA when you fly via Sydney you will fly code share with qantas..some people find it annoying booking with Qantas then they acctually fly with SAA. Last time I flew was December booked with Qantas via Sydney to RSA lack of service complained afterwards :-( didn't enjoy the flight. When I came back flew Qantas but it was code share and it was actually SAA got better service go figure... First time I flew Qantas I was very impressed with them but not the last time..will see what happens December this year :-) flying Sydney in and out dont like the Perth flights...even if they are shorter sometimes the stopovers is longer.

I am not sure how the baggage work in Perth we got delayed on my flight back from RSA and had to sleep over in Perth.

In Sydney you land get your bags go through customs then book in and then get a bus to take you to the local terminal to fly to Adelaide.

PLEASE remember you need at least 3 hours stopover. We had a 2hour stopover when we first came and we missed our flight it is a very thight squeese if you only have 2 hours....We booked with IOM back then but didn't know and yes 2 hours stopover in Sydney will not be enough.

If you have two many suitcases I would suggest to fly via Sydney, if it is the same price. IN sydney you come out of customs, and you walk a bit and then you check in your luggage at the international terminal and then take a bus to the domestic terminal.

In Perth you clear customs and then you need to get in a bus with all the luggage, and when I got out of the bus, I was alone with two kids. I did not have any Australian money and had to pay for a trolley to get the suicases from the bus stop to the terminal. At the end I exchange some money with someone that helped me.

At the time I flew the Perth flight was cheaper, but it is not always the case. In Perth also I had to pay excess luggale becasue I was bringing a pram, which it was allowed in teh SAA fligt.

But of course the Sydney flight might be longer, not sure about that.

In a nutshell, regardless of which airline you have purchased your ticket through, if you fly into Perth you will be flying with SAA if you fly into Sydney you will be flying with Qantas. For the internal flights, with IOM it will probably be Qantas.

For me personally, I would prefer the Qantas flight via Sydney and then Adelaide.

Archived