Great Dairy Free Chocolate

sonnetjie

For all the people with dairy & gluten & soy allergies. Have you tried the Schmerling’s Kosher Parve 72% dark chocolate as it free from gluten & soy & dairy

http://www.schmerling.com/Products.asp?Category=1&Sub=4&ItemName=72%25+Cocoa&ID=12 Found it in the kosher section in Franklins.

PS: Not financially connected to the product

If you like the DIY version:

100g organic raw chocolate powder

100g cacao butter

½ cup coconut oil

1 tsp vanilla powder / extract

¼ cup raw honey

Melt cacao butter and coconut oil in double boiler, add all the rest, stirring well till smooth. Optionally, add anything you like with chocolate, like nuts, raisins, coconut, whatever.

Pour into oven dish big enough for 'batter' to be no thicker than 1 cm.

Put in fridge for at least two hours, then cut into pieces and enjoy, or pour into ice cube forms, let it set and then put it in a glass container with lid.

No criticism, sonnetjie, to your link, I'm just sooooo addicted to this recipe I thought I'd share my joy on this topic dedicated to chocolate, too ... :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

If you like the DIY version:

100g organic raw chocolate powder

100g cacao butter

½ cup coconut oil

1 tsp vanilla powder / extract

¼ cup raw honey

Melt cacao butter and coconut oil in double boiler, add all the rest, stirring well till smooth. Optionally, add anything you like with chocolate, like nuts, raisins, coconut, whatever.

Pour into oven dish big enough for 'batter' to be no thicker than 1 cm.

Put in fridge for at least two hours, then cut into pieces and enjoy, or pour into ice cube forms, let it set and then put it in a glass container with lid.

No criticism, sonnetjie, to your link, I'm just sooooo addicted to this recipe I thought I'd share my joy on this topic dedicated to chocolate, too ... :blush:

Aaaah wow that sounds delics, I have such a big chocolate craving now!! any place special you buy the ingredients from?

Sorry Carolientjie, you'll have to search down under, I'm still in SA. But if you don't find the right stuff there, you'll be able to order from www.superfoods.co.za. Most health stores or organic markets might provide you, though.

Archived