Looking For Work

Jill

Hi, I moved to the Sunshine Coast over two months ago, and I am battling to find a job...I suppose everyone wants to live here, so you are competing with so many people for a job and being a foreigner obviously will count against me. I don't blame them for that, they must look after their own first...

Hoping it doesn't take too much longer..to all those looking for jobs, I feel your frustration....chins up...

Cheers, Jill

Good luck hope you find something soon!

Yep im also looking for a job, not much around here either!!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes...I am sure it will happen soon..

Jill - what kind of work are you looking for?

Have you tried the TAFE as they seem to offer contracts....and that is a start......

Hi

I am not fussy when it comes to work, looking for admin, looking at supermarkets, to pack shelves or on the teller, I really don't care, as long as it brings money in.

Thanks Nix I will look at the TAFE, do you just go on their website or what...

I go on SEEK everyday and apply for what I can but haven't even had an opportunity for an interview yet...but fingers crossed and remaining positive...

Thanks...

Jill

Aim higher....it's the school kids and TAFE students that take the real entry level jobs, so apply for admin / reception / assistant / office worker jibs and you might have more luck?

What about doing temporary work just to bring some cash in whilst you search for something more suitable? check out the universities too as well as the TAFE's - check out also the councils and state government (just as a place to start)

Thanks, I had a look at TAFE, but nothing there I am qualified for, I will have a look at the Universities..thanks for that idea.

I am applying for temporary, permanent, full time, part time, anything going.

Jill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nix,

I applied for that job last week sometime, but thanks for thinking of me. Fingers Crossed, I am now thinking of doing a Cert 3 in Aged Care, while I wait for the job market to improve..

Cheers, Jill

Archived