Point Cook Internet Provider

Esthee

Hi,

I know there's quite a few of you who live in Point Cook. We'll be moving into the neighbourhood at the end of the month :king: and I'm trying to find out how we're going to get internet at our house. Telstra have informed us that they have no connections in our street as the house has just been built and that it could take anything from one year to two before they will be able to help us. What internet options have you found to work well in the area and would you recommend? I really like the house but we still need to do work for the company back in SA so internet connectivity is a must. So if we aren't able to have internet at home the terrible search for a home will start all over again, which is a bit of a nail biter as the container is arriving next week Monday. :wacko:

My hubby reckons you will need to go wireless..so try optus..however..find out about fibre ..where is your rental? we know of people in Alamanda who are connecting to the fibre cable now..we stayed in lincoln heath and now in sanctuary lakes and have adsl at both houses through telstra...

good luck!

Thanks! After some more research we found this http://www.spin.net.au/products/fibre/availability So it seems we fall in the area for Fibre to Home and will have very fast internet. Going to sign up for it today. I'm really getting very excited about moving into our own little house now.

Thats great! hope you settle in quickly and enjoy point cook!

• 2 weeks later...

It really does depend on where you are. If you're building in Alamanda or one of the newer estates, your entire estate will be fed by fibre. There are certain areas, like Lincoln Heath (where we are now) that get ADSL2 speeds. Most of the middle to upper Point Cook get ADSL1 speeds AT BEST. Most often, there are simply no connections available on the RIMS.

Every new estate built today anywhere in Melbourne (at least?) is required to have Fibre Optic. The older houses... well, they must wait and/or use wireless...which is also heaving congested.

-G

Archived