Our weekend in Ulladulla

Madelein

Hi Everyone!

The topic should actually read: Our weekend in Ulladulla (shoalhaven District), I sadly mucked it up trying to post this.

Thought I had to share these with you (especially for those thinking about their next Summer Holiday)

The Canbrerians told us to visit Ulladulla (Catch-of-the-day guaranteed on your plate) and we paid them a visit over the weekend. It was a great experience for me, as it was my first time out on the sea.

Stayed at the Ulladulla Headland Park, a must for people with kids. Only 4 hours drive from Sydney and 3 hours away from Canberra in the Shoalhaven District. The park is very central to the harbour and CBD. Lots to see and do. They have vinyards galore for those wanting to go on a wintour.

Just a few photies...

Our Cabin from the side - with lots of parking space...

post-30-1171397916.jpg

Me on the Verandah, waiting patiently for Marius to lit the fire...

Our view from the from the Verandah:

And our little friends, paying us a visit every morning:

Leaving Ulladulla Harbour:

Our First Catch-of-the-day: We thought this was a dangerous creature of the sea and returned it to the water - only learned later on that this is called a Rock Cod (also known as the Poor man's crayfish).

Then we had a seal, catching our fish from the line. I think it was male, as he and Marius were caught up on a fight over this poor bugger...

Both lost the fight. After that, it was disasterous. The seal was teasing us by throwing our fish from the line to the boat and eating it with a smile. The pitz was when Seal started laughing and patting his belly, that we decided to move. After that, no fish. But we caught 6 good ones. We had to return as it started to rain and everyone was going back to the harbour.

Deap Sea Fishboat:

After all, this was such a great experience that we booked us a en-suite Camping Site for the Summer. Going back there in March as well.

Madelein

Edited by Madelein

Yep, na 9 maande het ons bootjie uiteindelik die see gesien...

As dit nie was vir daai Stemitil nie, het ek seker steeds op "cloud 9" gewoon - soos ek meestal voel... Het my bietjie aarde toe gebring en dit was verdomp lekker. Het my gate uit geniet.

Ek het my motto ook verander: ek werk nie meer om te leef nie, maar leef om te werk. Daar is soveel wat ons nog moet sien en beleef. Oz is groot, maar hoopelik sien ons julle een van die dae... Sal laat weet.

Groetnis

Madelein

Hi Madelein,

The topic should actually read: Our weekend in Ulladulla (shoalhaven District), I sadly mucked it up trying to post this.

You will see that I've change the topic title.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences! :rolleyes:

Lovies, Pippa! X

• 1 month later...