Position Required In Adelaide - September 2011

Southern Right

Hi Everyone

We are leaving for Adelaide at the end of August 2011 and my husband needs to find a job. He is a qualified Horticulturist (Landscaping) with an AQF cert III from TAFE Queensland. He also has a Turfgrass Management Certificate.

He has loads of experience in landscaping and greenkeeping and currently runs his own landscaping business. He has worked on various golf courses doing both greenkeeping and landscaping and also has a lot of knowledge on alien clearing. He is also very good with building and project-managed the building of our own house. He did a lot of the work himself and he is able to do most things associated with building, including carpentry, plumbing, glazing, tiling, painting, brick work, etc.

He is prepared to do anything to get into the job market.

He will be arriving in Adelaide on 22 August 2011.

Does anyone perhaps know of anyone looking for someone with his skills, or can someone point us in the right direction with regards to job hunting.

Any help will be so appreciated. :blink:

I hope you will enjoy living in Adelaide as much as we do.It is a great little city.

I don't know of any jobs in your husband's field but I will keep my eyes and ears open and if I do come across anything I will let you know.

Good luck !

You come from Hermanus!

I used to spend many holidays there and still have family there. We used to own the Godfrey cottages (near the Marine Hotel) which are now restaurants and shops. Love Hermanus.

will have a think about jobs, but seek.com.au is good. Not sure if they do much in the way of horticulture jobs though. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Debbie

What about contacting the councils and see if they need horticultural staff? Adelaide City Council maintains the parklands and surrounding areas so there may be opportunities there. Their website should say if they have any jobs else just try contacting the horticultural dept and seeing what they say.

Clearing of alien vegetation would probably fall under State Government control - Dept of Environment and Natural Resources or one of the organisations that they have close links with.

Else I guess he could apply to various sporting facilities to find out opportunities about maintaining greens etc.

There is an agency skilled recruitment (something like that) which deals with temporary recruitment for the councils so they may have other suggestions.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we will definitely make use of them. Any other suggestions are all welcome. :)

There are plenty volunteer "bush worker" groups all over Adelaide. They work in different areas,bushes every weekend. Try one of these groups for a lead.

Archived