Is Aud90k Enough

nikkiel

Hi all,

We got our 176 visa in March and went to Canberra for 2 weeks in May to have a looked, loved it and can't wait to go back. My hubby went to a few employment agencies while we were there (he is an accountant) and also went for a few job interviews. We decided that we would move in Jan so the kids could finish the school year unless he got a job and then we would go. We were originally looking at about 110K which the agencies said was realistic, but something has come up that he could go for and it for AUD90K and 9% super (looks like a nice co as well). Would this be enough to live on? We would be living in the Gunghalin area as we have enrolled our kids in the Good shepard catholic school for next year.

Our lifestyle in East London is not extravagant and I would obviously look for contract or temp work as I would need to be home with the kids in the holidays and afterschool etc as they are still small.

Any advice?

Thanks

Nicola

A$90 000 is more than enough to live on. It is hard to say whether your lifestyle will change much in terms of material posessions as your definition of not extravagant may not be the same as someone else's.

Hi all,

We got our 176 visa in March and went to Canberra for 2 weeks in May to have a looked, loved it and can't wait to go back. My hubby went to a few employment agencies while we were there (he is an accountant) and also went for a few job interviews. We decided that we would move in Jan so the kids could finish the school year unless he got a job and then we would go. We were originally looking at about 110K which the agencies said was realistic, but something has come up that he could go for and it for AUD90K and 9% super (looks like a nice co as well). Would this be enough to live on? We would be living in the Gunghalin area as we have enrolled our kids in the Good shepard catholic school for next year.

Our lifestyle in East London is not extravagant and I would obviously look for contract or temp work as I would need to be home with the kids in the holidays and afterschool etc as they are still small.

Any advice?

Thanks

Nicola

Hi Nicola

We might bump into each other. We didn't go to validate our visas and need to be there by end Jan. We have been looking at jobs on the internet and it seems like if you willing to work you will find somethin. My hubby also calculated that 90k should be enough .

Regards

Sandra

90k is enough for a family of 4 to comfortably survive on in Canberra. But there wont be private school or weekends at the Hilton.

Also, just remember that the 90k job is just your foot in the Aus door. Even if you only stay for a year, you will then have the coveted "Australian work experience" on your CV and the luxury to look for a job at your leisure while being employed.

Hi Nicola

We might bump into each other. We didn't go to validate our visas and need to be there by end Jan. We have been looking at jobs on the internet and it seems like if you willing to work you will find somethin. My hubby also calculated that 90k should be enough .

Regards

Sandra

Hi Sandra - I see more and more similarities in our situations - we also need to validate by Jan 2012 ... maybe we should get together for a coffee sometime to compare notes? We are in Glenvista, close to Alberton area.

Archived