Need A Sponsor For Cook/chef Gold Coast

Roux-ster

Hello all, new to saaustralia.org. Been in Oz almost 6 years, submitted PA papers (independant skilled migrant) 2 and a half years ago and it is taking forever. Saw migration agent recently who advised us to get a sponsor. Really need a sponsor to sponsor me under the Employer Nomination Sheme as a chef or cook. Have my TRA. Prepared to relocate within Oz - don't wants to go back to SA.

Hey Roux-ster. Welcome to the forum! Hope you manage to get all the info you need here.

Just wondering how you managed to stay here for 6 years without having sponsorship or PR?

Thanks, 2005 - 2007 Full time student on student visa then 18 month graduate visa then applied for pr and it's been 2 and a half years! ARGH!!!

Jeez! And I thought we'd put in some hard yards! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be able to stay. Have you approached DIAC to find out if there are any bridging visas you could apply for while you wait for your PR to come thru? Perhaps just asking the question and getting them to pull your file will prompt them to take a closer look at your case and grant your visa sooner rather than later.

It happened with both our nominations - one phone call for an update and both times the nominations were granted the same day as the phone call.

Good luck!

It's been a long 6 years but gonna make a call this week to DIAC for an update. We're on a bridging visa at the moment but what really sux is that you cannot claim the childcare rebate, family tax etc while on a bridging visa. Little man is in daycare 3 days a week and that's nearly $200 a week. Got an email this week from DIAC actually but having some trouble understanding what's potting??? Have seriously considered approaching A Current Affair or Today Tonight to tell our story. Just gonna hang in there though!

Archived