Emmigration And Health

DanieR

Moving, stress and health  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Did you experience stress related problems with the move?

2. 2. Can you describe the condition?

Hi to all.

We moved to Oz end of 2007. During our time in Oz I have discovered how powerful the subconscious mind is and how it can affect the way you feel, and hence your health! It has taken many visits to doctors, and a colonoscopy (spelling?!) to assure me that IBS is really the issue, and not all the scary things I imagined! I have wasted so much om medicine, books etc. that I want to share my experience as it could help other members save some hard earned dollars. The answer to the health issues many suffer could lie in simply understanding how the mind works, and to realise the importance to smell the roses!

Cheers Danie

I think it is a given that you suffer from stress when you (even while you are deciding to move) make the move and for months (even years?) afterwards...

The second option to describe the condition - you can't choose all three conditions, only one - I think many people suffer from all 3 :blush:

Slightly off topic............

I got really bad hay fever in RSA, then it was even worse in the UK, but in Australia I have not had a minute of hay fever. I am probably tempting fate by say it out loud! :o

Both my son and I are clear of hayfever since arriving in Oz... so lets keep holding thumbs.

You left out heart attack as part of your stress .....

Drink less beer & less bread... helped me.... :blush:

D

• 4 weeks later...

I think hubby and I have been fine so far, apart from the massive wobbly from being bladdywell burgled!!

• 8 months later...

Even so, is stress always a bad thing?

Wasn't it to get away from all the stressors in South Africa that most people leave in the first place?

And doesn't a 'good' amount of stress make you more productive?

What do other think?

Add a 4th option - not applicable - to the 2nd question (for ppl who answered no to Q1) - otherwise they can't take part in the poll and all your results will be one-sided. :-)

Archived