Visitor's Visa

Heymanse

Has anyone made use of visarequest.co.za in order to obtain a visitor's visa? I'm trying to find the cheapest option for my mom who will be coming to visit us in November - so far Flight Centre in SA is too expensive at charging a service fee of R700+. visarequest.co.za is charging a fee of only R250 but I've never heard of them (then again, this is the first time we're applying for anyone to come and visit us here) :blush:

My parents have just used http://www.vfs-au.co.za/ It was R750 for each of the visas and a R211 (each) charge to VFS for their service. Everything went very smoothly and they were happy with the service.

I remember a thread a little while ago where someone said that for visitors visas they just went straight to the embassy and got it the same day. they said there was no reason whatsoever to go thru VFS and saved heaps of cash.

I remember a thread a little while ago where someone said that for visitors visas they just went straight to the embassy and got it the same day. they said there was no reason whatsoever to go thru VFS and saved heaps of cash.

True, depends where they live though. My folks drove in to Cape Town (40mins). A drive up to Pretoria would have been too far :whome: .

That might be an issue for mom as well as they are in Margate.

My in-laws were going to use Flight Centre and we suggested they went straight to VFS.

I am not sure what it cost, but they spoke to the woman on the phone and then posted their paperwork to VFS who couriered it. If you like I could PM you their number (they live in Uvongo) and your Mom can call them for info.

• 4 weeks later...

So just another quick question: Because I am sponsoring my mom for their visit I need to show Evidence of Funds. Bank statements for the past 3 months. Internet statements, ATM statements will NOT be accepted. So is it correct if I get statements from the Bank and then scan and email them to my mom to print out? How did you show evidence of funds when family came to visit?

Yep, bank statements emailed to your mom will be fine. I've done that twice now...

Silly question, but cant your parents visitor visa application be done by youself (based in oz) for your parents (based in sa)?

Silly question, but cant your parents visitor visa application be done by youself (based in oz) for your parents (based in sa)?

I dont think so. That is why we use VFS, much cheaper than Flight Centre. They will even send a courier to collect my MIL's documents from a plot outside Pretoria for something like $230. Small change for us, but a huge help for her. My parents drove into Ctown to drop their forms off at the VFS office there. And they were very helpful all the way through, so you know all the documents are right the first time and the visa will be issued. No guess work.

Archived