We Have Finally Arrived!

K-Vdm

We have arrived in beautiful Adelaide after being in transit for 3 days... I love the old architecture of the city - the buildings remind me so much of europe! It is clean, and working, and just pretty all over!! BUT BIG!!! Much bigger than what we thought! Everything is so spread out! We havent even touched base yet! We got a gps as we would definitely be driving in circles in this place :lol:

Was not easy travelling with 14 pieces of luggage (most being huge suitcases), and 2 little girls! We had 3-4 trolley's and having to take 3 flights because of the ash cloud did not make it easy... We left Jhb eventually after 11pm on Monday (was at the airport from 3pm), then got to Brisbane (was re-routed), got on the bus to the Gold Coast and arrived at the hotel clost to 12am.. Got up at 4am (jetlag) and left the hotel again 11am that morning back to Brisbane airport. From there got a flight to Sydney and a connecting flight later that evening to Adelaide. Finally arrived after 11pm that evening.

We are all suffering from Jetlag - and it sucks! Especially with us having to try and get everything done before Morne' starts work on Monday.. But we met with his new boss today and he is going to work for such an amazing company and team! I was so excited for him, actually wished I was starting there :lol:

We love Mawson Lakes and will actively start looking at housing there - need to find something soon as our container is on it's way.. It's extremely close to Morne's work and this is a must for him. We are really looking forward to it!

We are staying with NicciG and family and they are so lovely! We are having a wonderful time with them and they have opened their house to us in such a giving way. We are forever grateful!

Anyway, that's us for now - will update later as we go xxx

hey there! Im glad you guys made it safe and sound!

good luck with your new life, new adventure...get a lot of sunshine to get rid of the jetlag

and enjoy!

Bad luck with all the ash clouds and diversions.

Glad to see you have arrived, I hated the jet lag when I visited, and was so relieved when my body finally adjusted.

Very jealous I loved Adelaide city when I visited there.

Hope the jet lag disappears soon and your plans move along nicely.

Karina,

It is so good to hear from you, you have all been on my mind since Monday and we were wondering how things went after your first delay. It is good to hear you have all arrived safe and sound (allbeit jetlagged) but happy.

I truly hope you settle well and that your life is all you dreamed it would be in Adelaide. I promise once we land and are settled sometime in 2012 :whome: we will make a plan to come visit you guys as we never had the opportinity here in SA.

Keep well and keep the news flowing, tell NicciG we say thanks to them for opening their home to our friends. :ilikeit:

T

Baie bly julle is veilig daar! Klink maar vir my na 'n rowwe trip veral met die bagasie en die kids... en wanneer ons gaan, dink ek gaan ons seuntjie BUSY wees... hy is al klaar!!!!

Sterkte met die huis soekery. Dit freak my nog totaal uit oor hoe en WANNEER mens dit begin doen, maar ek sal vir nou nog ontspan. Ek kan dink dit moet amazing wees hoe mense hulle huise oopmaak en die 'nuwelinge' help. Hoop ons kan eendag dieselfde doen!

Laat dit goed gaan en RUS nou lekker uit.

:)

Wonderful, so happy for you that you arrived safe and sound, now you can relax and enjoy a new, safe life.

My liewe vriendin!!

Dis so lekker om die update te kry!! Ek het probeer reply deur vodafone maar daar was heeltyd 'n page error:(

Sterkte met als daar en onthou om notas te maak vir as dit hierdie controlfreak se beurt is :) :)

Hopelik settle ons in melbourne en dans ons darem net so 800km weg,ek kan nie wag om jou weer te sien nie.

Neem fotos en email asb!

Baie soentjies en drukkies,

A

'n Hartlike Welkom!

Maak jouself reg vir die rollercoaster ride van jou lewe!

Hi Karina

That is fantastic news and I wish you and your family all the best of luck.

Hi K

I'm so glad to hear from you, I've been thinking of you since Monday. Good luck with all your new adventures and keep us posted, it is always good to hear what is happening there.

Hopefully we will see you soon. Hubby is flying out on 20 Aug and Tristan and I are leaving on 3 Sept, so hold thumbs for us. Enjoy it and all the freedom!!!!

Love, Bx

Welcome to Australia, its an awesome country, enjoy all your new adventures!!!

Sjoe, dit was OMTRENT 40 dae te perd!! :lol:

Welcome to Oz! You seem to be very positive and energized (despite the jet-lag) - you can only be happy with such an attitude. :ilikeit:

Thanks everyone!

We are still suffering semi with Jetlag but believe that this too shall pass :D

Going for my first ante-natal visit on Friday and have 4 house viewings lined up for this week so far!

Things really does just work here! Such a welcome change!

Will update soon xx

Hi Karina

Welcome to the metropolis of Adelaide :ilikeit:

Enjoy your stay with the Gouws's, lovely people....even though they are from PE :)

I undestand that Morne is going to be working in the northern suburbs, so Mawson Lakes is a good option/choice.

Pop in to Ray White Mawson Lakes, as they have a number of poroperties for rent in the area........mention my name... :whome:

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi Karina,

Thanks for the update.Wish you and the family all the best in your new lives Down under.

Enjoy the ride and keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Karina

Welcome, hope you all settle in well. Give me a call if you'd like a chat and coffee.

Geniet dit

Groete

Marius

Hope you have settled in and are enjoying the new adventure :)

Archived