Interview Tip

Malcolm

Hi All,

I just failed my third round on the phone interview, I would like to thank Ajay for the opportunity. Been a honest, hardworking South African, I told them I had already interviews booked for my LSD in New Zealand. Unfortunately that was be for I found this site and saw Ajays job posting. If i was offered the job, i would have accepted.

Would you have told a white lie?

You're most welcome, Malcolm. I will send you a PM regarding this post.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi All,

I just failed my third round on the phone interview, I would like to thank Ajay for the opportunity. Been a honest, hardworking South African, I told them I had already interviews booked for my LSD in New Zealand. Unfortunately that was be for I found this site and saw Ajays job posting. If i was offered the job, i would have accepted.

Would you have told a white lie?

Well the tip is:

Be prepared when you have an interview, make sure you have all your ducks in a row. The companies that are prepared to sponsor skilled people do it at a big risk. It costs them money and time.

In my case i have only myself to blame, I saw an opportunity and thought i would jump at it with open arms. Ajay and the company she represents are great and they are on their way to the top. I just hope that when i have sorted myself out, i will be given a second chance.

This was a golden opportunity missed, so be prepared and explain thing clearly.

Good luck to you all :blink:

Well the tip is:

Be prepared when you have an interview, make sure you have all your ducks in a row. The companies that are prepared to sponsor skilled people do it at a big risk. It costs them money and time.

In my case i have only myself to blame, I saw an opportunity and thought i would jump at it with open arms. Ajay and the company she represents are great and they are on their way to the top. I just hope that when i have sorted myself out, i will be given a second chance.

This was a golden opportunity missed, so be prepared and explain thing clearly.

Good luck to you all :blink:

Hi Malcolm,

What line of work was it in?

Cheers

J

Java development

Sorry to hear about the "lost" job offer. But as they say "everything happens for a reason". Maybe that wasn't the correct job for you!

How many years experience do you have in Java?

I only have limited experience in Java and J2ME (roughly 1.2 yrs). I completed a year course in JAVA at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology in 2006.

Most of my focus has been in Microsoft products such as .Net (ASP.Net, C# and VB.Net).

I'm wondering if I shouldn't rather try attempting the Java route instead of .Net as it seems more in demand than the rest.