Stamp Koring In Australia

SAman4Aus

Anyone know where I can buy Stamp koring (crushed wheat) in Australia? I live in Sydney and have tried the SA shops but to no avail.

Google says you can get it from stock feed shops, so I checked out the yellowpages for stock feed shops in Sydney, here is the link:

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/listings?clue=stockfeed+manufacturers&locationClue=Sydney+NSW&x=39&y=13

Perhaps call them and see what they say.

Unfortunately I do not know Sydney, but if you ever come to visit Melbourne, there is a South African stall in the Vic market and they sell it.

Thanks for the responses......but

'Samp' is made from corn (maize/mielies) and Stampkoring is made from wheat. Its also not Cracked Wheat (Burghul) or "Stampmielies"

Maybe its a South African thing!

Sorry, I should have thought of this before. I get my mealie meal from an organic supplier and I just thought to check if they have stamp mealies, and they have, but they call it Organic Maize Grits (Yellow). I have often ordered from them direct and they have always been on time and I would highly recommend Kialla Pure Foods. Here is their website.

http://www.kiallafoods.com.au/Products/our-products.aspx

Hi there,

mealie meal (the yellow one) is also known as "polenta" and can be be at just about any supermarket like coles, iga and woolworths.. Less than $3.00 a packet and normally found in the health food department.:):ilikeit:

Guys, did any of you read me reply?

I am NOT after SAMP or Stamp Mielie !!!!!

'Samp' is made from corn (maize/mielies) and Stampkoring is made from wheat. Stamkoring is also not Cracked Wheat (Burghul) or "Stampmielies"

I am after Stampkoring :angry: :angry: (it could even be called Wheat Rice over here?)

You know for such a shitty reply, I guess we should all go away :thumbdown: Well if you had checked the latests website I gave you for Kialla, they do sell wheat products, so perhaps what you want is there, but far be it from me to force you to have a look :whome:

• 10 months later...

Just saw this topic :) and I know this response may be a bit late....lol - but isn't stamp koring: pearl (or pearled) barley? My Ouma boiled it in milk, mashed it a bit, added some butter and sugar, or used it to flesh out a vegetable soup. This can be found in any supermarket (Coles, Woolworths or healthshops) in the pulses and grains section. Does anyone eat it like this?