Character Asessment

Dedrei

I have a bit of difficulty in remembering exactly where we stayed for some of the years required for the character assessment. Is this a problem? Or how did the others go about this?

On the visa app I think you only advise last know address in each country but on form 80 it says

Previous addresses of the places where you have lived for 12 months or more, either continuously or cumulatively, during the last 10 years (including Australia). You must account for every year

It is just getting more and more ridiculous as I am going through everthing. For the life of me I can't remember exactly when we stayed in one house and then the next. They want month/year from and month/year to for each address.

Mens dink mos nou nie as jy so van plek tot plek nesskrop dat jy dit eendag weer sal moet "rapporteer" nie - mense wat oorweeg om te emigreer moet nou al begin om rekord te hou (en die papierwerk in die boks in die garage se dak deurgaan en notas maak) want al maak dit nie sin nie, is dit alles dinge wat hulle wil weet as jy vir jou visa aansoek doen. Ons moes ook al ons "travels" vir die laaste 10 jaar lys - gelukkig kan mens na die stempels in jou paspoorte verwys, maar dan kry jy lande wat se stempels so gaar is, jy kan nie die datums behoorlik sien nie.....

D, my raad aan jou sal wees om dit so goed soos wat jy dit kan onthou weer te gee. As jy nie meer die presiese straat adres of maand kan onthou nie, sit dan net +- en die dorp. (Bv +- Maart 2000 tot +- Aug 2002 Centurion, Suid Afrika) Ons het gelukkig net op 1 plek gebly voor ons hierheen gekom het, so dit was maklik, maar my seun het in Perth op 'n hele paar plekke gebly, en ek het dit gelys soos wat ons dit kon onthou en daar was geen probleem mee nie.

Ek weet nie hoekom hulle dit nodig het nie en of hulle dit regtig nagaan nie - ek dink dit is meer 'n geval van kyk waar in die wêreld jy oral gebly het en nie noodwendig waar in Suid Afrika nie.... Dalk kan Fiona meer duidelikheid hieroor gee?.....

Ek weet nie hoekom hulle dit nodig het nie en of hulle dit regtig nagaan nie - ek dink dit is meer 'n geval van kyk waar in die wêreld jy oral gebly het en nie noodwendig waar in Suid Afrika nie.... Dalk kan Fiona meer duidelikheid hieroor gee?.....

They do it as part of the medical check for Altsheimers :blink: . Lucky for me it was a short list and I had the proof. :whome:

They do it as part of the medical check for Altsheimers :( .

:ilikeit::ilikeit: Never thought of it that way!! Thank Goodness I only had 1 to remember!!! :):D (Some mornings I can't even remember where I left my shoes!!!)

On the visa app I think you only advise last know address in each country but on form 80 it says

Form 80 is now officially the most complicated form I know for a skilled visa. It beats even Form 47SK.

Your best friend is a separate Word document and the symbol *.

Put a * next to any dates that you're not sure of. Explain in a footnote in the separate Word document that this information is to the best of your knowledge and you are not 100% sure of the dates/addresses. This is acceptable if it's the earlier portion of the 10-year period. Obviously, you are expected to know things that are more recent.

If you have other black holes in your memory, it might be worthwhile to go through what needs to be done with a registered agent just to be sure.

Peter

Thanks so much Peter. It was during my student days when I boarded with people and was for almost a year. Also early stages.

But, after looking on online maps, I have found the street, but the number is the problem. :D