Where to start

Cindy

Hi, I'm new to the forum and find it absolutely invaluable with advice and info.

My problem is that there's so much info out there we aren't sure where to begin! Can anyone give advice on how to proceed once we've chosen the visa type we'd like to pursue?

Really appreciated, Cindy

Hi Cindy

visit the website www.immi.gov.au/ where you can download application forms and make sure you qualify for that visa or phone the Australian Consulate in Pretoria or better still visit them and purchase a migration pack, this will give you all the forms, info etc and start by filling in the visa application forms, the cost of the pack is about R50.00 basically to cover the cost of printing etc.

Good luck

Hi Cindy

Welcome!

Start by applying for all your unabridged certificates and preparing for your skills assessment. You cannot submit your app without a positive assessment (takes a few months) and while you're waiting for this you might even get the required certificates. (all people on the application need to have birth, marriage and divorce certs)

Downlaid the checklist for your chosen visa and start working on that.

Good luck with the process

Cindylou

Hi Cindy

Welcome!

Start by applying for all your unabridged certificates and preparing for your skills assessment. You cannot submit your app without a positive assessment (takes a few months) and while you're waiting for this you might even get the required certificates. (all people on the application need to have birth, marriage and divorce certs)

Downlaid the checklist for your chosen visa and start working on that.

Good luck with the process

Cindylou

I used Excel and made a project plan by listing down in a column all the items needed. Then I put the months accross the top and coloured expected dates in the future of what was needed when. The paperwork with expiry dates needed the most shuffling. Eg skills assesment valid for 2 years but you need it to start, police cert 1 year, medical 1 year. The skills assesment took the longest due to delays in getting the required records. I got MS Project and used that after a while because it was easier to get linked to do things moved together.

It had a positive influence having a hard copy of "things to do" on a timeline and SLOWLY cross them off.

Download skills assesment forms after finding the correct website on 1121i.pdf. Then the visa application 47SK.pdf, booklet 6 1119.pdf or other applicable, price list 990i.pdf, and checklist 136.pdf. I made prints of all but as the year changed between starting and completing, the visa document changed. make sure you have the current one. They change in July, if they do, as does the price list. Then for fun whilst waiting download and read from this page the UN Human Development Report or at least go to the summary report. http://hdr.undp.org/hdr2006/press_kit.cfm

Good Luck